As if earning enough points per step to unlock goofy hats on your 3DS wasn\’t enough, now Nintendo is going to make it possible for trainers to earn \”PokeMiles\” while they traverse through the wide open world of the Kalos region in Pokemon X and Y. It wasn\’t announced yet how the process will work to gain those miles, but they will be implemented in a brand new relaunched version of the Pokemon Global Link. The area involved with the new Poke Mileage will be called \”PokeMileage Club.\”
While at the PokeMileage Club, Pokemon trainers can spend their hard earned miles to play certain games or get items from the shop which can then be transferred back to the trainer\’s game. Since the current Pokemon Global Link will be shut down any remaining dream points will be converted over as reward for the trainer\’s efforts. This can only be done, however, if you register before January 14, 2014.
The dream points conversion rates are listed below:
* 10,000–49,999 Dream Points = 500 PokéMiles
* 50,000–99,999 Dream Points = 3,000 PokéMiles
* 100,000–199,999 Dream Points = 10,000 PokéMiles
* More than 200,000 Dream Points = 25,000 PokéMiles
There will also be medals you can earn if certain conditions are met in Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon Black/White 2, and those are listed below.
* A Medal for Dream Points: 50,000, 100,000 or 200,000
* A Medal for amount of purchased homes: 1, 4 or 8
* A Medal for purchased items: 1, 25 or 50 items purchased
* A Medal for purchased Pokémon Dolls: 1, 50 or 100 dolls purchased
* A Medal for ranking in the top 100 in any GBU Season (except Season 10)
* A Medal based on how many times you have ranked highly in Wi-Fi Competitions
What do you think of the newly updated Pokemon Global Link coming to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y?