The numbers don’t lie, and Nintendo sees a surge.
Many gamers wondered if Mario Kart 8 would finally provide a spark to sales that Nintendo has been looking for when it comes to the Wii U. With the NPD numbers released today it appears that Mario Kart 8 has made an impact that is felt throughout the gaming community. With just 2 days reported for the NPD in May, Mario Kart 8 was the second highest game sold in the US.
1. Watch Dogs (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PlayStation 3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. MLB 14: The Show (PS4, PS3, Vita)
4. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
5. Minecraft (360, PS3)
6. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS, Wii U)
7. NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
8. Titanfall (360, Xbox One, PC)
9. Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)
10. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC, Wii U)
Also, while not confirmed, it’s being reported that Nintendo Wii U sales were up a staggering 85%. Nintendo seems to be hitting it’s stride and hopefully can continue the momentum well into the future.