Nintendo of America today revealed the lucky few who have been invited to take part in the Super Smash Bros. Invitational @ E3 2014 event.
Nintendo announced their plans for this year\’s E3 a couple weeks back, where they revealed they would be inviting gamers from accross North America to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
The list of challengers include:
- Lilian \”milktea\” Chen
- Hugo \”HugS\” Gonzalez
- Ken \”LiquidKen\” Hoang (Ken)
- Daniel \”LiquidKDJ\” Jung (KoreanDJ)
- Neha \”Lilo\” Chhetri
- Kris \”Toph\” Aldenderfer
- Hendrick \”DJNintendo\” Pilar
- Sam \”PeachHime\” McNaughton
- Juan \”Crs. Hungrybox\” Debiedma
- Kevin \”EG PPMD\” Nanney
- Kevin \”PewPewU\” Toy
- Cristin \”Crismas\” DeSaro
- Masaya \”aMSa\” Chikamoto
- McCain \”MacD\” LaVelle
- Gonzalo \”CT ZeRo\” Barrios
- and finally Nintendo Enthusiast team member Dakota \”TheRapture\” Lasky
Nintendo have also confirmed the event will be hosted by GT.TV\’s Geoff Keighly and a group of announcers which include Wynton \”Prog\” Smith, Bobby \”Scar\” Scarnewman and D\’Ron \”D1\” Maingrette. As with every competition certain rules will apply, such as limiting players to a single character for the whole tournament from a limited roster. Each battle will be 4-players, 4-stock and 5 minutes with single elimination. During the first, second and third rounds items will be turned on, but during the grand final they will be switched off. This final will be between the last two remaining players and take place on Battlefield.
Are you excited to see Super Smash Bros at this year\’s E3? Tell us in the comments below!