Every year in Japan a national holiday is held between April 29th and May 5th, Schools close, offices close, and many a videogame gets purchased. The weekly Japanese sales charts sky rocket, thanks to publishers and retailers slashing prices and vying to offer the best deals, it’s almost like an eastern Black Friday.
Nintendo have confirmed that Japanese gamers can look forward to a series of reductions throughout the Wii U and 3DS eShops, including several series such as Picross e, The Denpa Men, NES Remix and the 3DS Mii Plaza. An ongoing promotion will also start on April 26th for anyone who purchases a 3DS XL, a download code will be provided for either Yokai Watch 1 or Animal Crossing!
- Rune Factory 4 – 50% Off (until May 7 10am)
- Picross e/e2/e3 – 50% Off (until May 7 10am)
- Denpa Ningen RPG/RPG2/RPG3 – 50% Off (until May 7 10am)
- Famicom Remix 1 or 2 for 1,300 Yen if you own the other one (until April 30)
- Wii U GBA Virtual Console second wave: Save 30% from the second title you buy onward (until May 4)
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call – Rose of May (FF9) & Battle 2 (FF5) DLC for FREE until May 8
- 3DS Mii Plaza DLC – From May 1-6 each game for 400 Yen, or buy one and get the remaining 3 for 900 yen, or buy all of them for 1000 yen at once
- Dokobon-choice Manga-packs (Dragon Ball, Kuroko no Basket, Hunter x Hunter) – about 20% Off per pack
- Mighty Switch Force – Reduced to 309 Yen until May 14
- Starting April 26 all 3DS LLs come with a download coupon than can be used for Yokai Watch or Animal Crossing
Jealous? I certainly am! What stands out to you? Tell us in the comments below!