The Xbox "Hut": Forza Motorsport 5 Review! (9/16/14)

Discussion in 'Multi-Platform' started by ZyroXZ2, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

Hello everyone! The Xbox "Hut" will not run in an episodic nature like the Wii U "Five", but nonetheless will have a constant flow of videos! This thread is being converted to keep a rolling log of the last 3 videos, so enjoy! :)

Forza Motorsport 5 Review:

Accessory Reviews:

Killer Instinct Review:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014 at 1:36 AM
  2. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 The Simple Man Staff Member Moderator

Post the videos in the multi-platform forum and were good.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. FriedShoes

FriedShoes Based Mod Staff Member Moderator

Fine by me if you're up for it.
    I dont own a One, will probably stay like that for a while. Looking forward to your new xb1 related videos.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -TNE's resident Star Fox lover-

Good stuff Zyro. I'll probs get a One eventually, since most of my irl mates have it. And dat Master Chief Collection. Though if it were up to me I'd be owning every console ever if I could!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

Here's the intro video, then! I'll also add it to the original post:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike D.

Mike D. Lacks pupils Staff Member Moderator

Congrats, man. I've only played Forza at the kiosk in GameStop, but I really liked the One's controller for its triggers. Probably the only time I've played a racing sim and thought "y'know, this is actually a good stand in for foot pedals."

I would say that you could find some TitanFall players around these parts, but I think they're mostly on PC.
    Or a PS3. I've never understood the UI complaints on the Wii U (unless the PS4 boots like a Chromebook or a Win8 machine).
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

What?!? You bought a X1? :mangry:

[​IMG]

Just kidding.

Have a good time :mcool:

and share your Microsoft experiences.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

Oh I'll be converting this thread into a more "official" one next week ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu Well-Known Member

Want a vita?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

Sooo, want to know what a Nintendo fan thought of the Destiny Beta? You don't care?!... I see how it is...

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

I decide to tackle the topic of Microsoft's Cloud... with Microsoft PowerPoint! :D

Enjoy!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. simplyTravis

simplyTravis Oooh! What should I put for my "Custom Title"?

Actually, I am considering an XBone before PS4 because of the exclusives. I was a huge Killer Instinct fan back in the day and its kind of killing me that I can't play it.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

First things first: I've moved to a new video editing suite. This is my first use of it, so I wouldn't mind some feedback on the new transitions! The new software is still cheap, but far more advanced than what I was using before!

Of course, the important bit is what this video is about: it's also my first Xbox One game review! So what do I think about the revival of the Killer Instinct franchise? Watch it and find out! :)

See the video above, it's practically just for you, hahaha!;)
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  14. simplyTravis

simplyTravis Oooh! What should I put for my "Custom Title"?

Ohh...my...goodness. First of all, great video and review. I will have to check more of your stuff out. It is really professionally done and you have a good announcer voice unlike the squeaky 12 year olds that cuss every two seconds.

Secondly, I need to hit up Ebay around Christmas or wait in line for a good deal because I think you just sold an Xbone. I'm that big of a fan of the original KI...sigh.

Thirdly, ULLLLTRRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMMMBOOOOOOOOO! I enjoyed that you emphasized the sounds.

Randomly, I was just complaining that Tekken has too many characters the other day and made it feel rather impersonal (the ideals behind minimalism in art dealt with this) and made the game unrelatable for me. I think a roster of 8 to 16 is very much what I would want in a fighting game and then having them add more in "seasons" isn't a bad idea. The costumes were pretty nifty and I could see myself playing the game enough to unlock them opposed to paying for things like I do in Toribash which is my current favorite fighting game.

Also, the transitions were well done but I think taking the green and having it turn transparent in sort of a gradient towards the bottom might be nice. You don't have any text down there and seemed empty but I knew I was supposed to be looking at the game which was all the sudden green. I would look at it first though and see if you like it because I could see some problems with that too.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

Thanks, I'll be continually providing Xbox One content, so if you're going to become an owner and want peer reviews and info, I'd be happy to be that guy!

KI's Season 2 is coming mid-October, and I'm pretty excited about it, being a KI fan myself! You can't go wrong as a fan of this game, it retains its arcade feel, and is a worthy purchase!

And thank you for your feedback on transitions. With this new software is a lot of stuff I can do, so I'll work on the transitions over time ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

I know you all are busy with 'Destiny', but I've reviewed some Xbox One accessories! Get geared up! :)

P.S. 'Destiny' is currently installing on my Xbox One!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 Active Member

So did I get my money's worth out of my steering wheel and stand setup with 'Forza Motorsport 5'? Watch and find out!

• Like Like x 1