The Nintendo Switch Games I Feel Like Mentioning Omnibus

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by GaemzDood, Sep 18, 2017.

1. GaemzDood

GaemzDood Well-Known Member

Rather than listing every game on the Switch, I want to use this as an opportunity to highlight AAA games on the platform, games with good production values, and games targeting an older audience.

- 2064: Read Only Memories
    - Anonymous;Code
    - A Normal Lost Phone
    - Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story
    - Attack on Titan 2
    - Bad North
    - Batman: The Telltale Game Series
    - Bayonetta
    - Bayonetta 2
    - Bayonetta 3
    - Blasphemous
    - BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
    - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    - Bloody Zombies
    - BRAWL
    - BUTCHER
    - Crawl
    - Dark Souls Remastered
    - Dead Cells
    - Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
    - Death Mark
    - Death Road to Canada
    - Detention
    - Distraint
    - DOOM
    - Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
    - Fear Effect Reinvented
    - Furi
    - Garage
    - Garou: Mark of the Wolves
    - Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
    - Gunbird
    - Huntdown
    - Immortal Redneck
    - Infernium
    - INSIDE
    - Joe Dever's Lone Wolf
    - Jotun: Valhalla Edition
    - L.A. Noire
    - Late Shift
    - Layers of Fear: Legacy
    - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
    - Mercenary Kings Reloaded
    - Metal Slug 3
    - Metal Slug X
    - Metroid Prime 4
    - Metropolis: Lux Obscura
    - Monster Hunter XX
    - No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
    - Outlast + Outlast: Whistleblower
    - Outlast 2
    - Perception
    - Phantasy Star Online 2
    - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
    - Resident Evil: Revelations Collection
    - Samurai Shodown IV
    - Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada
    - Sengoku 3
    - Serial Cleaner
    - Shin Megami Tensei V
    - Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut
    - Sine Mora EX
    - Slain: Back From Hell
    - State of Mind
    - Steins;Gate Elite
    - TENGAI
    - The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
    - The Bunker
    - The Charming Empire
    - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    - The End Is Nigh
    - The Final Station
    - The Last Blade
    - The Long Reach
    - The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya
    - The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohigya
    - The Town of Light
    - Thimbleweed Park
    - This is the Police
    - This is the Police 2
    - Titan Quest
    - Valkyria Chronicles 4
    - Victor Vran: Overkill Edition
    - Volgarr the Viking
    - Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
    - Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
    - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
    - Wulverblade

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

I don't think targeting a mature audience alone is a valid justification for "AAA". Otherwise, a great list.
  3. theMightyME

theMightyME Owner of The Total Screen

AAA is only a marketing term, it doesn't mean better production values (although that tends to come with it) and it sure as hell doesn't mean mature focused...

AAA is priority software that will be extensively marketed/advertised...

In short AAA is basically short hand for high profile

As i said, that tends to carry with it (though not always) the promise of high production values, and on the ps4 and xbone they are usually mature rated games (being played by 10 year old boys)... But that isn't what qualifies a game as AAA

Wii Sports, for example, was AAA
  4. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

So by that logic 1-2 switch would also be a AAA title?
  5. theMightyME

It is, that is the point... AAA is a marketing term not a barometer of quality

Hardcore is also a marketing term and did not mean the game is badass, but rather that it is aimed primarily at the core audience of the product

People apply their own logic to it... Like how my mom used to say expresso... She heard espresso, knew it was a string coffee, and so assumed it was a party on the word express... And she isn't alone... People do this a lot... It doesn't mean they aren't wrong

These are marketing terms, and are still used in marketing, it doesn't matter what personal logic you apply to it
  6. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

I'm not buying it, but given the purely subjective nature of the topic its not like we would go anywhere with this discussion.
  7. GaemzDood

Literally people only say this because of anecdotal evidence, which is not an argument. Statistically, this is objectively false.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/4/29/11539102/gaming-stats-2016-esa-essential-facts
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ass-middle-aged-parents-likely-play-game.html
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GaemzDood

[​IMG]
    /ourpublisher/?
  9. theMightyME

10. GaemzDood

Sorry, what?
  11. Shoulder

Shoulder Your Resident Beardy Bear

I think he's saying that if you're going to get an advertising/marketing degree in college, they teach you about those very things, so not entirely anecdotal, and that the term "AAA" is not exclusive to video games.
  12. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. Staff Member Moderator

• LOL LOL x 1
  13. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

I think what GaemzDood was talking about originally was this specific part of Mightyme's post:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shoulder

I didn't even bother clicking the links because I just assumed it was about what AAA was. :mfacepalm:
  15. GaemzDood

I probably should have expanded the word size.

But yeah, I wasn't allowed to play M rated games when I was 10. Wanna know the result of that?

A friend of mine made a good point when he said that kids that are exposed to M rated games early on tend to diversify their gaming portfolio, so to speak, later on. For instance, someone that grew up playing science fiction shooters will probably be playing stuff like DoDonPachi and Steins;Gate later on, as well as sci-fi shooters.
  16. GaemzDood

Attack on Titan 2 was just announced.

17. GaemzDood

Updated. I just found out that INSIDE is coming to Switch, holy hell this is awesome. Nintendo made a great decision to reserve their online store for 3rd parties, it paid off.
  18. theMightyME

About 10 year old playing m rated games

1. Anyone who had played an m rated game online with voice chat knows that little kids are all over them

2. My mom tried from teaching this summer... Before she did she would routinely learn of her kids playing CoD, and many other m rated games... one time she was reading Christmas lists she had them write, and she asks me "what is Scarface? " (referring to the game)... And taught second grade btw

3. We didn't have m rated games when I was a kid, we didn't have game rating at all until I was in like Jr high. I but I clearly remember a summer when I was 10, in which my friend and I watched like every major movie that came out then... We once laughed about how we saw like 15 movies, and all but 1 were rated R. I didn't know a single kid at school that hadn't seen most of the movies we did.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Shoulder

With point #1, during my days of CS1.6, CS: Source, Day of Defeat, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Soldier of Fortune 2, and the original Call of Duty, I was sure much younger then, and so were many others, but I don't have much of a memory of many kids playing those games, or at least kids that were using voice chat. Maybe it's simple correlation, but it just seems to me that the post-Halo, and post-COD online has more kids on it, plus ones that'll use voice chat more. Part of that I think stems from the online console generation, which has made playing online much more accessible for the masses compared to years past. It's not to say playing online on PC was a difficult task by any means, but I feel more kids bought consoles, and more adults played PC (including High School). Again though, maybe simple correlation, and not causation.
  20. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

I became a bad uncle several years ago when my 13 year old nephew convinced my brother to buy him GTA (don't remember what number). My brother bought it without thinking. We went over to visit a few weeks later and my nephew was playing it and his younger sister was watching. I proceeded to tell my brother that the content may not be appropriate for the age of his children. He did some research, but said "Eh, it'll be fine." My parents overheard and my dad googled the game. Then proceeded to tell my brother that those games were "not appropriate for his grandchildren to be playing" and that he "needed to take that damn game away". My brother did like being told how to parent from his father or me, but with the pressure from my dad, he told them they couldn't play the game any more. I know it's a game, but I've always been one that once to preserve kid's innocence as long as possible. May be futile, but I try.

So yeah, I was not the favorite uncle for awhile.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Shoulder

I played the original GTA as well as GTA2 back in those days when I was in Middle school, followed by GTA3 when I reached high school. Your nephews will be fine, and you are not a bad uncle. The kid is almost in High School. An interactive means of entertainment with the use of controlling a fictional character won't hurt your nephew. :mthumb:
  22. theMightyME

but to be fair, you did just murder half a dozen prostitutes... so....
  23. Shoulder

Digital prostitutes with A.I., so no harm, no foul. :msrs:
  24. theMightyME

is that what you call them? It isn't what their families called them
  25. GaemzDood

So.....you're basing your claims off of anecdotal evidence.

[​IMG]
  26. Shoulder

What parts are you questioning though? Little kids like to play M rated games because, "it's cool." The rating system didn't come about until the mid 90s (1994 to be exact), and it is also true that kids wanted to see most of the R rated movies of the time. Hell, I remember when I did not even watch South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut for years, nor Saving Private Ryan when they first came out, even though I knew lots of people who did see it, just as two examples.
  27. theMightyME

well I guess neither of us have funded a multi-million dollar limited access survey in a formal setting... so our own experiences are useless, even though they directly back-up an accepted viewpoint... but we have no merit to say so against somebody who has done even less to prove their point then we have, a point running contrary to the accepted viewpoint
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Shoulder

Pretty much. Any sort of anecdotal evidence can never be used as the basis for an argument. Clearly.
  29. GaemzDood

Well as I posted above, there is an empirical case of proof that a majority of GTA players are married middle aged men, not kids. So in that instance, anecdotal evidence doesn't apply.

Same with Call of Duty. The average competitive COD player is a lot older than you realize.
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/11/average-age-of-esports-players-is-higher-than-youd-think/

Anecdotal evidence is not an argument.
  30. GaemzDood

Added Hollow, Vakyria Chronicles 2, and Payday 2.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  31. GaemzDood

Titan Quest and Wasteland 2 are coming to Switch. Between those and Skyrim, it's good to see a Nintendo console getting WRPGs.

• Like Like x 1
  32. GaemzDood

I'm sure nobody has heard of this, but it's a sci-fi adventure game coming to the Switch.
  33. simplyTravis

simplyTravis "A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"

I'll probably get it. I'm a bit concerned because a lot of games taht seem to follow this sort of ambitious path are just not that fun and/or ridden with bugs.
  34. GaemzDood

It reminds me of I, Robot to be honest.
  35. GaemzDood

BRAWL, a horror themed Bomberman clone originally exclusive to the PS4, just came out on Switch. It's made by Poles too (also the guys who did Observer and Layers of Fear), so that means it's worth supporting. Support the based Poles.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  36. GaemzDood

• Like Like x 2
  37. GaemzDood

Nvm I already responded to this.
    • LOL LOL x 1
  38. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

Pillars 2 is fucking cool
    • Like Like x 1
  39. GaemzDood

This is the Police 2 was announced for Switch. Considering that, in the past, follow ups to 3rd party games on Nintendo systems don't hit said Nintendo systems due to poor sales of previous entries, this makes me assume that This is the Police sold well on Switch, which I'm happy about.

[​IMG]

Also, Steins;Gate, one of the best visual novels in years, is coming.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/1...h-comes-bonus-famicom-style-8-bit-steinsgate/
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  40. GaemzDood

Guys, please buy Outlast. It's an amazing game that deserves your support.
    • Like Like x 1
  41. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

What's it like to play?
    • Like Like x 1
  42. GaemzDood

It's a stealth game, but you have to also record footage. The game calculates how much footage you have at the end. It's also really scary.
    • Like Like x 1
  43. GaemzDood

The Town of Light and Victor Vran are coming to Switch. If the rumors about Diablo III are true, I hope Victor Vran sells well too. It's one of the best loot em ups out there and it's also super well optimized.

This seems like a good time for competition. Titan Quest, Victor Vran, Diablo III.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  44. GaemzDood

Added a bunch of new games.

Some of them include Immortal Redneck (roguelike shooter that's actually good), Late Shift (FMV adventure game that's actually really good, especially when you consider the last one we got was Darkstar...), sequels to A Normal Lost Phone and The Men of Yoshiwara, and Garage.
  45. GaemzDood

Mark of the Ninja, one of the best stealth games of the last generation, is being remastered for Switch.
  46. GaemzDood

Holy crap, this list is huge now. This amount of good games being released in the first year alone has never happened in the history of a modern Nintendo console. If this is Iwata's legacy, then he went out with a bang.