Official "Devil's Third or Devil's Turd?" (hype train vs. train wreck) Thread

Discussion in 'Wii U & 3DS' started by EvilTw1n, Jul 15, 2014.

?

Devil's Third or Devil's Turd? Hype train or train wreck?

1. Hype Train.

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Train Wreck.

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I care not a whit.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Royale with cheese.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Buy Splatoon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Lacks pupils Staff Member Moderator

So apart from Splatoon acting as a big-time surprise, Devil's Third was the stealth announcement to end all stealth announcements at E3. Sure, Nintendo did this before with Wonderful 101, but that game's candy-colored, toon-ish vibe (even if the art hides a butt kicker of a difficult game) felt right at home on a Nintendo console. It was a surprise announcement, but at face value, releasing the game on the Wii U made a lot of sense.

Devil's Third? A grimy, bloody, new IP from Itagaki-san? That's the type of un-Nintendo game you'd expect them to drop as a megaton surprise, exclusive announcement. I thought it was pretty stupid to hide the game as a post-conference announcement...until I watched IGN's walk through.

I thought it looked like a joke - basically "Call of Ninja Gaiden." A derivative, pastiche bastardization. It immediately made sense to me why Nintendo did the cloak and dagger routine. Either this game was a mess they had paid the rights to and needed to release for some return on their investment, or it just wasn't ready for prime time and needed more polish. I was leaning heavily on the former.

But then I re-watched the multiplayer trailer.

Customization out the wazoo. Interesting maps. Humor. In short, real potential.

A lot of real potential, honestly. How much? Well, I'd been going on for years that Metroid: Other M was a new template (third-person action with first-person shooting) that ought to be explored further. If Nintendo didn't do it, someone else would step right in and claim the ground.

Well, it looks like that may happen, after all - and with Team Ninja's past leader, to boot. I wondered why the heck Iwata and co. decided to pick this game up, but I think the answer was staring me in the face all along - Devil's Third solves Other M's biggest gameplay hang-up (an inability to move in first-person perspective). Of course this appeals to the brains in Kyoto, because this is a melding of the same genres that they've already tried. And who overseas this sort of collaboration? Nintendo SPD. Who is a department manager at SPD? Yoshio Sakamoto.

All fits together, doesn't it?

Plus, Devil's Third has the benefit of simultaneously providing Nintendo with a new IP and an M-rated multiplayer game.

So...all it has to do now is not suck.

Whaddya think? Are you on the hype train? Or waiting for Devil's Third to go off the rails?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -TNE's resident Star Fox lover-

I'm hopeful for this game, because it looks great at first sight. I really hope they work to make this game super polished and awesome because I will buy this if it turns out to be good. Would love to play it with you guys as well.

So I've got a ticket on the Cautiously Optimistic Train.

I also voted Royale with cheese. lel.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. EvilTw1n

[​IMG]

The poll is a trick question, really.
    • Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Pure Grit Staff Member Moderator

I'm hoping big time I'm wrong.

But right now I'm feeling train wreak
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Hall of Famer Staff Member

first trailer looked like shit

multiplayer has potential and looked fun

unfortunately potential doesnt pay the bills.

im with chris, boarding Train Cautiously Optimistic
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Superfakerbros

Superfakerbros Super Mod Staff Member Moderator

I'm a bit skeptical on this one. Not saying it looks terrible or anything but it looks kinda dated and unpolished. Not to mention, we just don't know how good the game truly will be. That and the dude hasn't really made an amazing game in quite sometime or, arguably if you ask me, ever
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Francisalex

Francisalex Member

I really don't know what to think about this game! I mean, it's great that the Wii U is getting third party support, but we don't know what the game will be about, or at least, not as much as I'd want to... And besides, it still looks unpolished. Probably the best thing so far, in my opinion, is the multiplayer, which appears to be interesting, at the very least. I guess time will tell about this one...
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Jacesonnall

Jacesonnall Bruh

Devil's Third is shaping up to be this generation's Conduit.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. FriedShoes

FriedShoes Pro-Life Mod Staff Member Moderator

The multiplayer is the most interesting part of this game, the campaign looks eh. I'm on the hype train with heavy reservations. The framerate is not ideal, but if they can pick that up we're good. Dont care about how ugly it looks aside from that framerate, the ideas would be worth it.
  10. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

Artistically looks like anus, but the gameplay looks incredibly fresh. Now that the core is solid, it just needs the heavy, guiding hand of Nintendo to tend to the weaknesses.

If all else fails though, it could still have the rough, roguish charm of no more heroes. More variety in online shooters on the wii u is never to be shunned!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

No change, The Conduit actually had a lot of hype surrounding it prior to launch, Devils Third is still flying under the radar, only hardcore Nintendo fans who keep up with gaming news are familiar with it.

I feel like this game has potential, and its being developed by someone with the credentials of making some very good games. I also feel like this is a way for Nintendo to compliment Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 was kind of out on its own island, Nintendo has sent some company. I think this is Nintendos way of trying to round out their consoles lineup the best they can. Wii U is gotten COD and AC the past two years, no reason for Nintendo to fork out the money for titles that have sold like crap on the console. This isnt just about selling more Wii U's to a wider demographic, but also to keep your userbase playing on Wii U when they have had their fill of Mario Kart and Zelda. In other words, satisfying your userbase in a more complete way.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. LightsaberBlues

LightsaberBlues PLEASE UNDERSTAND.... Staff Member Moderator

Devil's Third is my most aniticipated Wii U release other than Bayo 2 and X.... Fuck is wrong with you people...?

We finally get a gritty, violent, badass exclusive action/shooting game from none other than the MAN! Itegaki himself, and Nintendo fans do nothing but complain...?

Here's my deal.... Nintendo fans don't deserve games like Devil's Third, Wonderful 101, X or Bayo 2, least of all deserve to have them exclusive.... Why you ask...?

Cause you're all are a bunch of ungrateful fucktards....

These games will not only sell worse being exclusive to only a Nintendo system, but they will never get the recognition they deserve from the Ninetndo fanbase outside of a few hardcore gamers like myself....

This is No More Heroes and Madworld all over again imo....

Yet another great, third party, fucking exclusive franchise that should be getting Nintendo fans excited, considering they keep saying they want Nintendo to get exclusives like this, being practically ignored unless payed attention to for all the wrong reasons....

What a mistake it will be to bring this game exclusivly to Wii U.... This is the game Itegaki has been secretly working on for many years, and it's finally got an exclusive home, and Nintendo fans couldn't care less....

What a fucking shame.... This game deserves better imo.... As do all of the other third party exclusive games I mentioned above....

This is probably the article I've been waiting to write....

Not just about Nintendo fans and their reactions to Devil's Third, but how Nintendo fans have spoken with their wallets when it comes to these thrid party exclusives....

Namely, Wonderful 101....

And the grim fate that awaits these awesome exclusives in Bayo 2, X and Devil's Third....
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  13. DarkDepths

DarkDepths Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

@LightsaberBlues All Nintendo fans do is complain? The vibe I got from most of the replies in this thread is "cautiously optimistic". And why shouldn't they be cautious? In the grand scheme of things, not very much is known about the game.

I mean, look at the response to Splatoon. People seem to be really into it and yet they're saying "it could be good if x, y, and z". Optimistic? Yes. Cautious? For sure.

Let's be realistic about this situation though. Valhalla lost their publisher right around the time that publishers were looking for big experiences to drive their line into the "next" generation.

Devil's Third is not the fantastic looking game to show off the power of the PS4. It's a good move by Nintendo, grabbing up a "mature" title for their rather slim lineup, but who else would even publish it? If it wasn't for Nintendo, I wouldn't be surprised if they were still shopping around for a publisher.

You say it's a mistake bringing it exclusively to WiiU. I think it's one of the few options they were going to have to get their game out without essentially recreating the entire thing from the ground up.

Personally, I'm interested in learning more about it, and I hope it ends up being good. I'm afraid that it's going to try to take the Duke Nukem, over the top, path with its narrative but fall flat. And I don't really play multiplayer in these kinds of games (cause I'm terribad) so the single player is pretty important to me.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. LightsaberBlues

@DarkDepths - I'm talking about the overall outlook on the game across the internets, not really the overall outlook of the game here on TNE....

I find that while sometimes we share certain values with the rest of the internet by chance on occasion, the posters here on TNE tend to be more willing than the average Nintendo fan to give games like this the benefit of the doubt until they've actually played it, even if they aren't really that hyped about it....

That is one of the things I love about this place....

But understand that I am the anti thesis to the idea that Splatoon looks like anything more than garbage....

I'm that guy who enjoys these gritty, violent, over the top exclusive third party action games on my Nintendo systems.... I buy Nintendo consoles more for games like Devil's Third and X than I do to play Mario Kart....

I bought a Wii to play games like Red Steel, No More Heores and Madworld, not Wii Sports....

I've been following Devil's Third for years now as closely as I could, waiting to find out it it was ever going to see the light of day, and I finally see it again and it ends up not only being awesome and finished, but it's also Nintendo fucking exclusive....

Basically my prayers were answered....

But the reception to this game has been lukewarn at best by most.... And that doesn't really surprise me....

Seeing as how a badass gem like W101 is still underappriciated and probably will always be underappriciatted by and large by the greater Nintendo fanbase, I don't have high hopes for Devil's Third making any money, whether people say they like it or not....

I think games like Devil's Third fill in huge gaps in Nintendo's library that basically only get filled by games like this.... In that, it's already being underappriciated....

I mean it's really in Devil's Third best intrest to be on any other console.... They could have found someone to release it on PS3 or 360, and probably would have had Nintendo not stepped in somewhere and aquired this game for Wii U....

And the sad truth is that the game has been in development purgatory for so long that people just forgot about it....

Making it less relevant than it would seem it will already be....

Yes, I'm affraid no matter how badass this game will ultimately be for me, I see a grim sales future for it on Wii U.... As I do for all of the other Nintendo third party exclusives....

I'm probably one of the last few Nintendo fans around that live for these kinds of games more than I do the first party ones....

I bought my Wii U originally just to play ZombiU.... That's how I roll....

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DarkDepths

DarkDepths Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

I know you're into violent games... I seem to recall suggesting you see a psychologist about it, once upon a time =P

I agree that a game like this would sell better on a non-Nintendo platform, but then, why is it on the Nintendo platform? I think it's because Valhalla didn't have high hopes for a better offer.

You think it would have ended up on 360 or PS3 if not for Nintendo, I think it probably would have been canned, or they would've rebuilt all the graphical assets and rebuilt the game in another new engine so that a publisher would pick it up for PS4/XBone. Both would mean large financial losses, so I think that even if they break even on the Nintendo deal, they'll consider themselves lucky.
    • LOL LOL x 2
  16. LightsaberBlues

LOL'd for this....
  17. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

Man, I freaking love wonderful 101!
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu Well-Known Member

@LightsaberBlues @Mike D. @Jacesonnall
    This is Super Mario 3D World all over again isnt it?

Personally, I'm hyped as hell, it's motherfuckin' Itagaki yo!!

I watched the Treehouse footage and the game looks damn good. It'd get way less flack if it didnt look like a PS3 game from 2010.

Anyway,I am really interested in the single player, the story caught my interest and the movement looks hella interesting. I want to get my hands on it and see what I can do in this game.

The multiplayer is interesting too, lots of customization, objective based gameplay modes and the whole clan faction set up with propoganda fliers.

At this point all Itagaki needs to do is modify the game's camera a bit ( it needs some work here and there), make the animations fluid and make sure the enemies AI is good
    • Like Like x 1
  19. juegosmajicos

juegosmajicos Dog McMod, Star Dog unit. Staff Member Moderator

What I'm worried about so far is that the single player demo looked awful not because of the graphics, but because the demo player just couldn't seem to make the gameplay look smooth. It looks like it could be smooth if you get good at it, but there's no way to know until we see someone really skilled play it. But to lsb's credit, wonderful 101 paying smooth as butter didn't help with its sales.

What i saw from the multiplayer footage looked great though, and since i didn't see all of it there could be some really smooth gameplay in there for sure. Personally i already know I'm gonna get it, though, because like mentioned, it's an interesting blend of genres, and i want to find out fort myself just how smooth the gameplay when you get good.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. EvilTw1n

A few notes, just from my perspective, LSB.
    Personally, I don't care if a game is gritty or violent. At all. I'll buy a game whether it has those characteristics or not; said characteristics alone aren't enough for me.

At first blush, I simply thought this game looked generic as fuck (Call of Ninja Gaiden). But I've reconsidered a bit since then. I think it's truly an ambitious game, and that alone pretty much ensures I'm gonna buy it.
    I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, honest. I made this thread to discuss a game that isn't being discussed on TNE, because there's a lot to discuss about it (that doesn't mean it's all gonna be flowers and roses, though).

But let's be real here, Bayo didn't sell well enough on XB and PS to even get a sequel. Platinum's Vanquish didn't light up the charts, either. And IMO, neither would have Wonderful 101. You can run it all the way back to Okami and Clover Studios. Are people ungrateful, or is it that some games just don't catch on? I think it's the latter.
    Well, NMH is a Suda game. Suda games typically sold like ass, regardless of console. I'm not sure how well Killer is Dead did, but at the time, NMH ended up being Grasshopper's best-selling game. That's all relative, because they aim for a funky niche, but NMH was not a sales disappointment for them.

However, for Devil's Third? I think the deck is stacked against it. Not just because it's on a console with a small install base, but because it's been in development for freaking ever. Itagaki-san was working on this as far back as 2008, and it's on its third game engine. So unless THQ ate a lot of the development fees (which could be possible), this thing probably has to be a million+ seller just to break even for Valhalla.

But I'mma do my part and plunk down the cash for it. And I'm going to write a few Devil's Third articles for the front page. There's already enough material in this thread for me to put something together.

======================

Well, according to Valhalla...

http://business.financialpost.com/2...means-for-the-games-violence/?__lsa=bdaa-1122
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...39-s-violent-shooter-landed-on-the-wii-u.aspx

Now, that could all be PR speak, but Valhalla says that they chose Nintendo. Mainly because Nintendo understood what they were trying to do* and were supportive of the project.

[*See the screed above on SPD, Sakamoto and Other M. I hadn't seen these articles before, but now I'm more convinced than ever that Nintendo saw a third-person action game being melded with a first-person shooter, and that really got their attention. Because that's what they tried to do once, too.]
    • Like Like x 3
  21. juegosmajicos

I do think lsb has got a great point, though i don't agree with it being for nintendo fans only, like mike suggested with all those games selling poorly regardless of platform.

I think lsb could make a great case for how the industry as a whole, not just with nintendo fans, doesn't seem ready for the kind of games that are devil's third, bayonetta, and okami, to be successful. I wouldn't know if the fault is with fans (though these franchises have passionate fanbases very often), or with publishers not knowing how to sell such a game.

Really, you could make a really amazing article out this discussion lsb.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Not gonna ask why you got a dislike Juegos?

(Im expecting Bayonetta to do well btw @LightsaberBlues)
    • Like Like x 1
  23. FriedShoes

If you havent check out the Treehouse demo for the single player, it shows off more interesting gameplay stuff that wasnt ever delved into in the Afghan looking level.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. EvilTw1n

I agree. There's at least two articles there:
    "Why the hell can't Platinum/Clover break through?"
    and
    "Gamers say they want something new. So why won't they support games with novel gameplay ideas?"
    This one?

[I'm with majico on the smoothness factor, but possibly for a different reason. To get to FP, it's like there's minimal animation to get there. Bam, you're there. On one hand, great; it's always viable to get to your gun. But otoh, it's quite jarring to go from the camera being so far away while you're brawling in TP to immediately go to aiming down sights. That'll take some getting used to.]
    • Like Like x 3
  25. juegosmajicos

I'm on genital warts, so i can't see dislikes, i think. So I'm invincible.
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Ah, hahaha. Well then, its rather self explanatory if you read my post above
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah #WINNING!

man...

i really wish i knew how to feel about this game.

it's like.. shitty ninja gaiden meets shitty battlefield meets shitty ghost recon meets shitty tf2 hats.

but it looks like there could be some FANTASTIC synergy going on there. i think it's too early to tell. i do respect itagaki as a producer. NG1 and the whole DOA franchise are fantastic pieces of work. but he's stepping into some VERY unfamiliar and VERY western waters with this one. i hope he can pull it off.

i thought the debut of this game was shit - complete with ps2 era gameplay design and very boring aesthetics - but the new mp trailer posted in the OP has me more interested. i just wonder if they're trying to do too many things. this game looks schizophrenic to me. but it might work.
    • Like Like x 7
  28. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah #WINNING!

i think wii u is the only platform where a game like this would stand out... on any other console it would just be action game #128743654985763
    • Like Like x 5
  29. LightsaberBlues

It's funny how everyone is all excited about the multiplayer and not the single player.... For me the opposite is true....

I think the single player will be the best part about this game, while the multiplayer will just be the icing on the cake....

I really loved the reveal trailer for Devil's Third.... But was meh about the multiplayer announcement trailer.... I would have been more excited about the announcement of coop over deathmatch style multiplayer all day....

I'm still holding out hope for a coop mode of some kind.... Maybe a survival mode where you fight waves and waves of enemies with your friends....
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  30. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah #WINNING!

i mean, if devil's third was on ps3/360...

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 3
  31. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah #WINNING!

i think the customization and ability to create wacky scenarios looks cool in the MP. but i really need to see more of the game to have a solid opinion. the SP - from what i've seen - looks extremely generic...
    • Like Like x 3
  32. LightsaberBlues

This was the trailer that got me excited for this game in the first place....

You can see how much has changed in terms of the look of the charcaters in the game, but the gameplay itself has been fully retained from what I can gather and very much enhanced for this new Wii U edition exclusive....

I seriously can't wait for Devil's Third.... It can't come soon enough for me.... I'll be day 1'n it....

So yeah, Itegaki san, you have my full support you womanizing, sexist piece of shit....

[​IMG]

You are one of my HEROES....
    • Like Like x 4
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  33. WolvenofGames

WolvenofGames Wilfred's Brother

Wolven is in the extremely optimistic train. Tell you why? First of all, its Nintendo, the publisher known for having some of the most polished games in the world. Second, I trust Itagaki has a great vision for the game. Third, two really key people are involved: Hitoshi Yamagami and Yusuke Nakano. Yamagami was the lead on Dr. Mario and more recently has been involved in a great deal of games, being the producer of both Xenoblade Chronicles and The Wonderful 101. He had Xenoblade's dev time expanded so content wouldn't be cut out. He was also involved a great deal with the Fire Emblem series. Mr. Nakano-san is an artist who has had a hand in a lot of Zeldas, including CG work for Ocarina of Time and after his success there he drew art work for future Zelda games, such as Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. These two are reportedly treating Devil's Third as their own, I wouldn't freak out too much.
    • Like Like x 4
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  34. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Seems you and I are on the same wavelength lol.

Yo we should play the tag climax mode in Bayonetta 2. ( and some hyrule warriors)
    • Like Like x 1
  35. EvilTw1n

Duuuuuuuuude. That sounds awesome. I'm hyped for the competitive multiplayer because it just looks like there are so many possibilities (and it has a sense of humor), but co-op could be awesome.
    See, that was my reaction. When I first saw the Treehouse walk through, I thought it looked pretty generic. The hybrid-style gameplay intrigued me, though, and it looked better in multiplayer.

But I think I'm on the hype train. Just on potential. Like you said, synergy.
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

With regards to the fluidity of the gameplay, I think the reason people are a bit down on the single player is because the movement looks better in the multiplayer trailer, there's more freedom to move around(running up walls, the transitions from melee into precise shooting ect)

I was watching the Panama footage during treehouse and the major thing on my mind was the guy was playing very slowly and the enemy's werent all that engaging ( the AI needs polish like Itagaki said).

The camera also was a tad disorienting with melee. It reminds me of Monster Hunter 3 camera on the Wii . So it needs to be tuned a bit. But the shooting looks like Itagaki got that down straight . Aim straight at the middle of the screen.

I know exactly how Im gonna play this game. Like a speed freak. Scaling the environments like a possessed motherfucker.
    • Like Like x 4
  37. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah #WINNING!

k.. that was fuckin sweet
    • Like Like x 3
  38. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah #WINNING!

yep. that's what made NG and DoA so much fun. and that's the #1 thing that seems to be lacking in the latest showing of D3rd.

but we'll see. like i said, the MP trailer in the OP looks loads better than what they showed at e3.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. EvilTw1n

Great point here. I was going to mention this, but I wasn't sure if it was really fair, because we're talking about a manual camera system. Some of the herky-jerky nature of it in the demo is probably due to an inexperienced player (like me the first time I played MH) not knowing how to really frame the action. But I'm not sure that's all there is to it, and I think that might be part of the reason why the transition to FP feels so jarring.

Which leads us neatly to...
    Because it looked fluid. It was all carefully framed; no camera issues.
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Still hyped as hell because the core game looks fucking sweet and I have full trust in Nintendo and Itagaki. Cant wait for the fanboy tears and salt when the game pulls a Super Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Particularly cause the guy who saved Xenoblade from the budget problems that affected Xenogears and Xeno Saga and pushed Takahashi to finish the game entirely when he hit the halfway point and he was having some issues and was dispirited, is overseeing this game
    • Like Like x 2
  41. FriedShoes

alright I'm hyped
    • Like Like x 2
  42. hogge

hogge Active Member

Nintendo have a tradition of forcing second party developers to improve their games to nigh-on perfection.
    In all probability, they'll force Valhalla to change whatever doesen't work. People have complained about the jerky transition from third to first person views, which I agree on. Beyond that, this game looks like it could be great.

Well, I'm not to crazy about the main character. A steroid pumped, drum playing, shaved head, overly tatooed fifty year old russian? Yes, let's do the math. He was in the Soviet special forces. Admission age to special forces training was in the soviet union 21-30. Training is a year or so. He actually saw combat with the soviet special forces, so we can add at the very least a year to that. That makes him at the very least 23 in 1991, when the Soviet Union ceased to exist. That's at least 24 years before the game takes place (near future, counting from when the game gets released in 2015 probably). We're already up to 47 years. Then, depending on how far into the future the game takes place (could be 2020 for all we know), how early before the collapse of the Soviet Union he entered training, whether he was the minimum of age applying or not and of course how long he saw service with the Soviet Army, we can add another decade to that.
    And at that age, they might as well switch the main character from Arnold's character from Red Heat, because that would be less cheesy:
    [​IMG]

...I'm over analysing things, aren't I?
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  43. FriedShoes

I liked the first reveal trailer better where it seemed it would be about 3 characters with 3 distinct styles and personalities. Was actually waiting for the ninja girl in this game but she never popped up, sadly realizing that all of that was cut.

Incredible analysis though.
    • Like Like x 2
  44. LightsaberBlues

I fucking love cheese....
  45. hogge

hogge Active Member

A 65 year old Arnold Schwarzenegger in a russian hat looking threatening while pouring cocaine out of a wooden leg isn't cheesy enough for you?
    • LOL LOL x 3
  46. EvilTw1n

...well, to be fair, a contingent of people here weren't blow away by either 3D World or DKCTF, and Hyrule Warriors hasn't released (although I expect it to definitely be my cup 'o tea). But...
    Excellent point. But this game also sounds like it was quite far along the development pipeline. It could sort of be half way between an actual collaboration and the sort of clean-up job Nintendo did when they helped out Team Ninja with Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.

[...NG3:RE is one of those games I've wanted to play, but just haven't had the time to buy. But it's pretty cheap nowadays.]
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  47. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

NGG3 is not as good as NG2 black or NG, but it is pretty fun.

The playstlye and rythym of that game however is quite different from the other Ninja Gaiden's

Although its not like aruguing wether sigma 2 is better or worse for the changes it made, the easier difficulty and the removal of certain sections

Also I was referring to popular opinion. Most people also dont like Metroid Other M for reasons that most of the time have nothing to do with the gameplay
  48. Shoulder

Shoulder Baldy McShoulder chippin' in

Devil's Third is one of those games where I said it looked a bit rough around the edges, but it certainly had some nice ideas in store for its gameplay. As an example, the online multiplayer appears to be pretty vast, and the game itself adds some new things that don't normally occur in shooters.

One of the aspects that I think will keep a lot of people engaged will be its Online. If it's online is any bit as fun as playing COD, then I think a lot of TNEer's will be picking this one up, even if the single player campaign turns out lackluster. From the sounds of it, the multiplayer might be the part which draws the crowd, but I'm inclined to believe the Single player will be no slough either.
    • Like Like x 4
  49. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

I found someone online in Ninja Gaiden 3 last week too lol
  50. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Pure Grit Staff Member Moderator

Just reading this morning that there having a 16 person online experience.