~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

Discussion in 'Wii U & 3DS' started by NintendoMan, Oct 12, 2013.

1. NintendoMan

NintendoMan Active Member

http://i.imgur.com/A4nwrqj.jpgA new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise comes to Wii U and features a new dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting to survive. Fueling this all new Call of Duty experience, the franchise's new next-gen engine delivers levels of performance, all while maintaining the speed and fluidity of 60 frames-per-second.Single Player: For the first time in franchise history, take on the underdog role; outnumbered and outgunned. Get to know an entirely new cast of characters and visit locales in a changed world.

Multiplayer:

• New Create-A-Soldier system: Change the look of your soldier by choosing head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and for the first time in a Call of Duty® game, gender. Up to 20,000 combinations.
    • New dynamic multiplayer maps: Interactive elements and player triggered events that evolve the environment through each match. The entire landscape can shift and force players to change tactics.
    • New tactical layer movements: New contextual lean system allows players to lean around obstacles without adding button combinations or fully leaving cover. New mantling system allows fluid movement over objects, while maintaining momentum. Knee slide allows for a natural transition from sprinting crouching to prone.
      Over 20 NEW Kill Streaks. Even bring in guard dog Riley from single-player to protect/attack enemies.
      Over 30 NEW weapons, including an entirely new weapon class: Marksman Rifles.

Squads:
    Build your team of 6 for battle. Play solo or co-op with custom soldiers created and leveled up in multiplayer. Load-out choices made for your Squad members will directly change their AI behavior.

Supports Dual Analog, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, Off-screen play on the GamePad, Double-Screen multiplayer and more...

Join the TNE crew for the November 5 midnight launch and for Double XP Launch Weekend starting November 8!!!
    http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/ghosts/preorder/double-xp.png

[hr]
  2. GaemzDood

GaemzDood Well-Known Member

I take inspirational credit for this.

Tapatit.
  3. Mike D.

Mike D. Lacks pupils Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

November 5 isn't that far off...
  4. Aki64

Aki64 Apex Predator

I really hope that we get DLC for this game. Lack of DLC for Blops 2 on Wii U really irritated me. I feel as if the game never truly lived up to what it could have been because after a while playing the same maps got boring. It was super fun while it was fresh, though.
  5. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah i am the GREATEST!!!!!

yeah i'm not sure why we needed another thread?
  6. juegosmajicos

juegosmajicos ' mod Staff Member Moderator

^ This is the officialest one.
  7. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

I'm in, but i'm not holding my breath that this will be as good as BO1 in terms of actual tactical team play. Everything they've claimed seems to point towards promoting skill-based play, but the videos i've seen look like the same high firing rate/low recoil/back-spawning spamfests with the same swiss-cheese maps which annoyed me so much in MW3 and BO2.

The dedicated servers will be owned/run by activision with a rental fee, i assume? How could the Wii U get those but not DLC?

Also, i was really hoping that the reason Activision went back-and-forth with revealing the Wii U version was because there was a zapper coming... Oh well, there's always next year.
  8. Redhatdrawler

Redhatdrawler Active Member

i'm excited... Can't wait!
  9. Mike D.

Alright, let's just get this out of the way.

http://fallenapple.biz/GhostDogs_WiiU.png

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18odx9hyykg86gif/ku-xlarge.gif

http://i.imgur.com/NYBcGY0.png

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18oe7o017dkrljpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

And, of course...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1892eg88ykmlwgif/original.gif
  10. NintendoMan

I scrolled slowly. I knew the last one was going to be the cupcakes/PTSD dog. I. knew. it.
  11. juegosmajicos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. imthesoldier

imthesoldier Name's Shoulder, and I'm looking over yours

I still have plans for getting COD: Ghosts for the Wii U, so definitely count me in for some TNE matches down the way. :D
  13. Jacesonnall

Jacesonnall I have the courage not to ask you to a dick.

Battlefield Master Race
  14. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 The Simple Man Staff Member Moderator

A new TNE member, this is most pleasing.

Also y'all know your boy is in! Let's just make it official now that the Lawn Mowing Crew sees fresh grass that needs cuttin
  15. mattavelle1

The exit is that way ----------------> [-X
  16. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

I have no issue with dude prefering Battlefield, in some ways its a superior game. EA made the chice easy for Wii U gamers, sales might have been split had Battlefield 4 released this year on Wii U. I am betting Ghost does decent numbers, maybe Similar to MW3 on WII.
  17. Jacesonnall

I'll be back with gifs and a video. >:)
    This isn't the last you'll hear of me yet!
  18. NintendoMan

Please, this is not a BF vs. CoD thread. Take it elsewhere.
  19. Jacesonnall

http://i.imgur.com/ZwqxuCw.png
    Edit: Don't worry, it'll have nothing to do with BF vs COD
  20. lAZY ][S

lAZY ][S Member

with watch dogs being delayed...................maybe, plus i haven't played a cod online since blackops on wii and i'm one of the few people who actually likes cod for the single player.
  21. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu Well-Known Member

http://i.imgur.com/O4HJRcH.gif
  22. Jacesonnall

Mine will be better lol.
  23. juegosmajicos

LOL, Battlefield 4 at the end. I think I'll get both games. As cool as BF4 will be, there's no subsitute for running with the TNE gang.
  24. Aki64

Aki64 Apex Predator

Have to agree with some of the users in here, Battlefield is definitely better than CoD and I would much rather have a TNE clan in that game, however, as Cubits said, EA made the decision easy for us. I will say that I don't think the TNE clan would be as good in BF4 as we are in CoD. BF4 is way more tactical and TNE is usually never sober enough for that lol. I think BF4 would create a more serious environment that wouldn't be as fun.
  25. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -TNE's resident Star Fox lover-

I'm tempted to get this to play with you lot, but I might get it on 360 to play with my friends. But my friends may not get it and buy Xbones or something. Or I may not get it at all! The only FPS on Wii I've played is Goldeneye and enjoyed that, played some online too which was good. Well, we'll see...
  26. juegosmajicos

BF4 would be great for TNE. But we don't have that, so COD:Dogs it is, and it is fine (hopefully).
    Maybe it's time to speculate? Do you guys think the maps are going to continue being mediocre, or do you think they'll make maps at least as good as those of the first Black Ops?
    More importantly, is the snow map going to be good?
  27. Mike D.

^
    When you get a sec, check skype. I was thinking we could do one last BO2 collab wrap up on its multi, as a teaser for Ghosts review (which I volunteered for, because...well, why the hell not, I guess).

On dat snow map...Whiteout looks really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l14lR7BYmJg

...well, for that mode, at least. Flip to dom, though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQPI_eKNq0

Hello, choke points. You can see it in this one, too, as soon as it switches to dom, the gameplay just gets boring. For us, though, usually playing TDM while three sheets to the wind? Yeah, that'll work. It's still a bit too dense* for my tastes (it looks like you can go in nearly every building, and many of them have large, multi-floored interiors), but it does seem like it's more open, overall. Which equals more open sight lines.

[*The density is just in the building layout, though. It's not like this is a small map. It's actually freaking HUGE. You could probably fit both Turbine and Yemem from BO2 comfortably inside the map boundaries of Whiteout. And really, that size may be a boon to us. We were spoiled with Wii versions of COD, because the player count was slightly less; I'd wager those maps felt a bit more open to us because fewer players equals more room we had to cover. If the player count remains the same in COD, and we have bigger maps, I bet it'll feel a bit more like the Wii days to us.]

================================

EDIT: Y'know, Strikezone kinda reminds me of COD4's Vacant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL4FWCVU8bA

OTOH, Octane has more of dem sight lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUlcRqYMa8

[Also looks like the shotties have been semi-reigned in, and there's a distinct lack of quick scoping.]
  28. NintendoMan

This game seems easier on the eyes. You might be surprised at how nice it looks on U.

Yep, they have to learn to aim that scope again.
  29. juegosmajicos

Everything so far points to it being a better game than BLOPS2. I think the TNE lawnmowing sessions are going to get much better from here on.
  30. mattavelle1

*while sitting in a corner polishing up my LMG, I look up and say* The lawn is high, call up the full crew *passes out Serious helmets <):) <):) <):) <):) <):) (dons my own)
  31. NintendoMan

It should be! This game is a team effort by no less than four developers with special love for Wii U controls! Treyarch made a pillar for U.
  32. juegosmajicos

juegosmajicos &apos; mod Staff Member Moderator

I'm hoping for an inproved Strike mode, that actually uses the gamepad and can be played co-operatively, online. If not this time, then sometime in the future.
  33. Mike D.

^
    If I could play Strike missions with the crew, instead of having suicidal squad AI? That would've been fantastic. I'd happily take Strike co-op over Zombies (which I never played at all in BO2).

It does make one wonder what all of the roles are (and why new IW releases are so much more collaborative than Treyarch games).

We know Infinity Ward is the main dev, and we know Treyarch is doing the Wii U port. Neversoft and Raven? I'm assuming they're just along to help iron out the online.
  34. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah i am the GREATEST!!!!!

the biggest thing I want out of this game is a fov wider that 65°. console cod is like playing with blinders on.
  35. juegosmajicos

^ I always liken it to this:
    [​IMG]
  36. GaemzDood

GaemzDood Well-Known Member

They're both GOAT tier.

Also, one isn't coming to Wii U. This is for the Wii U.

Hence why I'm not sure why I'm in here.

[hr]On another note, how long will it take before everybody stops beating that forced meme?
  37. Mike D.

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/05/xboxone3.gif
  38. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit Staff Member

I won't get it on launch, but if you guys says it's good before the 8th, I'll join for double XP weekend.
  39. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Call of Duty Ghosts Launch Trailer > Gravity's launch trailer
  40. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

Im definitely buying Ghost on day one, but I wont be at the midnight release or anything. I will pick it up during my lunch hour and then be on later that evening. How do you guys think Ghost is going to do on Wii U? Think we will have more a 1000 people online day one?
  41. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Depends on it being better than black ops.Which has about 2000 people
  42. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

Black Ops on the Wii looks like it's finally winding down for me, it was impossible to get enough Australians online yesterday to have a proper match. I mean, it's still more playable with a crap ping than BO2 is, but i can't shut down a portion of Array with a rifle with two bars, and that makes me a sad panda. I need to write an obituary for that game before Ghosts comes out.
  43. juegosmajicos

Mike and I might write an article for BLOPS2 before Ghosts comes out, too. We should talk about working together, or at least publishing at around the same time or something.
  44. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

Yeah, for sure. What we liked, what we didn't. What IW is dropping or carrying over.

I really like that Recon is coming back, that was the only thing i liked about MW3.

We could get together in the Skype chat, or the writer's kitchen, or something. I've just bashed out the first draft of this retrospective on BO1, and it leads into a "hopes and dreams, sunshine and puppies" article about Ghosts.

Then i'll get raped by a machine pistol or something.
  45. Koenig

Koenig Resident forum lurker.

I miss my old Recon/Shotgun setup. Stun the room or the other side of a fence, and rush in with their exact location in mind. THAT SAID: I still want more "Wide open" maps.
  46. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

There was a pervasive "swiss cheese" level design ethos to MW3 and BO2 which i find incredibly boring, and which resulted in the "need" for quick-scoping to make sniper rifles viable. Every map has interrupted sight lines and eight ways into every room. Couple that with the ridiculous spawning proximity and all of the match flow goes out the window.

Array is big, has vast open areas with verticality to provide suppression, yet also has plenty of CQC opportunities around the shipping containers and indoor areas. If a team digs in well they can hold a point, but it can be countered by smart play. That's what leads to the waves of movement around the map as teams get displaced. It even happens on Nuketown, so it's not about map size. You can run a shotgun through the middle of the map or clear the buildings, but you can also go assault rifles around the perimeter.

I was raised on tactical FPS, i followed CS from the very start (and greatly enjoyed the jailbreak and VIP modes), and did a LOT of time in the rainbow six series. I just want more tactical in my "dumb" shooter because out-playing the competition should be rewarded more than exploitation and randomness. I don't see how anyone could say Black Ops 1 was less fun than any other CoD, but it clearly had a higher skill ceiling and more breadth of gameplay situations. It's like comparing chess to hungry-hungry hippos.
  47. Koenig

I personally think CoD4's maps blew BO's out of the water.
  48. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

I think BO had much better gameplay balance, which level design is secondary to.

Also four snow maps is better than one snow map. :p
  49. Koenig

Black Ops did have very good game mechanics, but they felt pointless in the face of the cramped maps.
  50. mattavelle1

I'm just gonna say this and back out. BLOPS was my favorite in terms of maps, fair guns, and non over powered kill streaks. Felt like fun play was fair.

It's my favorite thus far.