Nintendo Switch - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Wolven, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Wolven

Wolven The Wolf of TNE Street

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THE NINTENDO SWITCH

RELEASE DATE: March 3 2017

[​IMG]
    WHAT IS IT:
    The Nintendo Switch is the brand new gaming system by Nintendo.
    Region Free
    Price Point: 300$

GAMES:
    CONFIRMED:
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Just Dance 2017

Project Sonic 2017

Fire Emblem Warriors

Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2

1, 2 Switch!

ARMS

Splatoon 2

Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade 2

LEGO City Undercover

Shin Megami Tensei 25th Anniversary

Project Octopath Traveller

Skyrim: Special Edition

No More Heroes 3

NBA 2K18

RIME

STEEP

Minecraft

FAST RMX

Syberia 3

Super Bomberman R

Snipperclips

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I Am Setsuna

Super Street Fighter 2

PuyoPuyo Tetris S

Disgaea 5

Redout

Sonic Mania

RUMORED:
    Beyond Good and Evil Sequel/Prequel
    Mario Maker Switch
    Smash Bros Switch
    Bloodstained
    Rive

CONFIRMED FOR JAPAN BUT NOT THE WEST
    Dragon Quest XI
    Dragon Quest X

THIRD PARTY PARTNERS
    [​IMG]
    INFORMATIVE ARTICLES ON THE SWITCH
    http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/
    https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ent-hints-of-bigger-hardware-plans-for-switch
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 13
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fresh starts now Staff Member Moderator

Awesome thread Wolven!!! FIRST!!!
    • Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

Smash Bros is also rumored.
    If you need me to grab some screens for Super Mario/Kart to put in it can be done.

I want to go through that 3rd party list and see what each can offer, be it past or future games.
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  4. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

We can't have a NS thread without a party-pooper, so here I am.
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mattavelle1

:mfancy:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mattavelle1

Do that would be interesting to know what these devs could offer.
  7. Wolven

Fixed smash bros
  8. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

I edited a countdown image in the OP.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  9. mattavelle1

OHHHHHHHH SNAPPPP!!!!
  10. theMightyME

theMightyME Editor in Chief of TVEnthusiast

Dragon Quest 10 and 11 have also been confirmed

Just dance has also been confirmed

No more heroes 3 was confirmed for wii u, but never happened, Grasshopper is on the developer list now though which is enough to place nmh3 as rumored IMO...

Several indy Kickstarter games are rumored to... Games planned for wii u in which the studio had stated a switch from wii u to NX (before switch announcement) was being considered... I think rive and that spiritual successor to castlevania were 2 of them
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jack Lovejoy

Jack Lovejoy Active Member

A report from MundaneMatt confirms that the Nintendo Switch will have skyrim when he asked a representative at bethesda:
    mundane.png
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wolven

Thank you! I will avoid putting Dragon Quest 10 on due to the unlikeliness of it coming over. Will add Bloodstained and Rive to the rumored!

EDIT: Added Dragon Quest XI under rumoured (we do not know if its coming over) and Sonic 2017 and Just Dance 2017 in confirmed.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  13. FriedShoes

consider also the (at this point credible) rumor that the console is region-free.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Hahahaha. No.

Granted I would love for this to be the case, I highly doubt Nintendo will ever make their consoles region free again. I hope that I am proven wrong on this though.
  15. Wolven

I am in the region free camp, considering the very verrrrryyyyy credible sources that are backing it up (Laura Kate Dale has not had a wrong rumor thus far, and she is vouching for this)
    • Like Like x 4
  16. mattavelle1

I'm also getting region free vibes. Not confirmed, but I got the vibes for sure. I really believe Nintendo is not gonna turn down anyway to make money while Switch is out.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

I hope you two are right.
  18. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah My real name is Dolemite

these days i find discussing nintendo absolutely cringe worthy. it just makes me sick to my stomach. DAE?
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Majorbuddah

Majorbuddah My real name is Dolemite

Ultra 180 fps BF1 on my baller PC is nice though.
  20. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

Regarding #2, wasn't the statement that the other spokesperson made that there was no further comment and to look forward for future announcements? In other words, they're sticking to their guns and not confirming anything yet. Or is this MundaneMatt guy talking about a different spokesperson that somehow did confirm Skyrim on NS?
  21. FriedShoes

Here's my take on the 3rd Party Publisher/Developer Partner list, barring middleware. The farther I got in, the harder it got to say "I'm confident in this 3rd party support" lol, but we can hope:
    [UPDATED: removed middleware, and I found ParityBit]
    • 505 Games: A publishing house, they have supported Wii U with stuff like Terraria and um Funky Barn, but not much else. They have some pretty good stuff under their belt though, I would like to see Abzu and Rocket League make it over to the Switch. They also are handling Bloodstained, and I bet thats the reason they are on the list.
    • Activision: Tough to say what they could bring. Looking at their games, they rarely published anything these past few years. Kinda hoping this means that we'll get something from their upcoming list. So really just CoD: Infinite Warfare and a version of Destiny with all the DLC in it.
    • Arc System Works: This could be pretty fucking awesome. Blazblue and Guilty Gear are all I really want, worried it might just be 3DS Dragonball Z tier stuff though.
    • Atlus: While I would love to see Persona 5 come over, I would be ok with just getting the stuff Atlus has been known to drop on Nintendo, mainly Shin Megami Tensei and its various spinoffs, Etrian Odyssey, maybe hopefully a return of Trauma Center (unlikely considering no Wiimote/Touchscreen though :( ). I would love a sequel to Tokyo Mirage Sessions that continues taking inspiration from Fire Emblem or maybe some other franchise. As a publishing force they offer a lot more JRPG goodness, nothing really recent pops into my mind. They handle a good percentage of Vanillaware games though. Oh, @juegosmajicos might like this, King of Fighters? At least in NA, Atlus is who published that. With Switch likely being region-free, it also means I can avoid having to get dub-only versions of games. I kind of really need to start learning Japanese.
    • Bandai Namco: Its tough to say if their representation in this list is due to their involvement with the development of Smash Bros and Pokken Tournament (2 games I'd like to see on NS too), but lets put that aside. They develop and publish a lot of properties I enjoy. The Tales series, the Tekken series, God Eater, more Dragonball, Ni No Kuni, Pac-Man, various licensed anime fighters (could really use some JoJo here) and uhh oh yeah Dark Souls! With From Software also being on the list, idk guys, sounds like a safe assumption that we could be getting some Souls games in this bitch.
    • Bethesda: A lot of stuff I'm not personally interested in, but nonetheless good. So we saw Skyrim Remastered, would like to see more Elder Scrolls on there. Fallout. Doom. Quake. Wolfenstein. Dishonored. If we go back a bit further, The Evil Within. I have a feeling we won't see much iD games on Switch though.
    • Capcom: Monster Hunter
    • Capcom: ok. They also have Street Fighter I guess but that sounds like its being kept hard on PS4 (and PC). So how about Nintendo loosen up and create a real partnership, because just saying Nintendo vs Capcom causes gold coins to flow out of my mouth. Resident Evil even though I'm not confident that series will ever be good again. Ace Attorney. Devil May Cry (lol). Mega Man. Dragons Dogma. Dead Rising.
    • Codemasters: Racing game people, they are behind various F1 games, Grid, and Dirt. Oh and Overlord, which is pretty alright. No real excitement here, but it does make me believe that the Joy-cons have analog triggers.
    • DeNA: I'm gonna backtrack a bit here, as I originally thought that their name being here meant we could see Nintendo's mobile apps on the console (that means everything but Pokemon Go). I still think thats likely, but whats probably more likely is that they're here to handle Nintendo's online and account infrastructure like originally planned.
    • EA: The unprecedented partnership rises from the grave! Sports and Battlefield and Titanfall, with the occasional original IP like Dead Space. But mostly sports.
    • From Software: Oooh baby. Dark Souls. That's about all I know or care to know. I wonder if there is a Nintendo franchise that they could collaborate on.
    • Frozenbyte: Indie devs, they're the Trine people. Expect that
    • Gametrust: This is real interesting. Gametrust is a really new publishing house created by Gamestop! They cover Frozenbyte, so its likely just that they're listed because of that. The only other devs under them that I would be interested in is Insomniac.
    • Grasshopper Manufacture: Oh god sweet jesus let fucking Suda be done with Let it Die so we can get a No More Heroes 3. I dont know if I exactly want anything ported over, their last game is 3 years old, Killer is Dead, so I hope this listing means that we should expect some future announcements.
    • Gungho Online Entertainment: I don't know why they're here other than Puzzle and Dragons. They are also publishing Let It Die, but I'm pretty sure that's a PS4 exclusive. Dunno, they mostly handle MMO servers and mobile puzzle stuff, nothing very exciting imo. Maybe they're handling Switch server haha no.
    • Hamster Corporation: Nothing of great note either. They do something called Arcade Archives for PS4's online shop, and that's something that could be cool to see on Switch as well.
    • Inti Creates: Azure Striker Gunvolt, Gal Gun, and Bloodstained. I'm expecting Gal Gun and Bloodstained :p
    • Koei Tecmo: The Musou publishers, and I'll take all the relevant ones. They also handle Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden. I'll just take the boobies version of those games. OH, would be cool to have Nioh, but I think that's also a PS4 exclusive
    • Konami: LMAO
    • Level 5: Professor Layton, Yokai Watch, Fantasy Life. All of their games are very much handheld and mobile only, so it will be interesting to see what they can offer.
    • Marvelous Inc: I'm still pretty confused if they are related to Marvelous Entertainment. A worthy company to watch. They also have mostly only dealt with the handheld space. Notable franchises, many of which were on Nintendo systems, include Senran Kagura, Rune Factory, and Harvest Moon.
    • Maximum Games: I've never heard of this publisher before. They publish Farming Simulator, which I have heard of. Nothing else really of note imo.
    • Nippon Ichi Software: I really only know them for Disgaea, which is good, so thats fine. If this includes NIS America, that could lead to much more interesting software gets like Danganronpa, which btw Spike Chunsoft is also listed so that could very well be.
    • Parity Bit: FOUND THEM. They've been around for 20 years, mostly handheld stuff these days. They do what seems like sports management games. They have something called Derby Stallion which is about horse racing management and this kooky cute soccer management/simulator thing I remember seeing in an old JP Direct. It was even published and got its own Direct as well. Very Japanese company, another sign of possible region-free nature of the console.
    • Platinum Games: Motherfucker, just give us everything and then a Bayonetta 3 and Wonderful 102 and a slick remake of The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Kamiya has stated interest). And Madworld 2. They seem pretty busy with exclusive work at the moment, although Nier Automata doesnt sound as exclusive as once thought. Wonder if there's some wiggle room there. Either way, them being listed could mean cool things in the future or ports of Wii U stuff.
    • RecoChoku Ltd: It's a very Japanese thing, sounds like its just a streaming and downloading music service for Japanese music. Why is it listed here? Dont know, they have a 3DS app that only came out in Japan. I think this does give further credence to the region-free rumor.
    • Sega: We know we're getting Sonic, so thats set for the future. I suppose Mario and Sonic Olympics wont be ending anytime soon either. They got Yakuza and Hatsune Miku too, which I would prefer over Sonic.
    • Silicon Studio: Bravely Default devs. They also handle some middleware. A Bravely Default sequel on Switch would great, an enhanced port of the other games could be pretty good too, those games look very nice.
    • Spike Chunsoft: Danganronpa would be cool. They've done some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games for 3DS, as well as 999/Virtues Last Reward/Zero Time Dilemma, they are a really solid dev team. Games are a bit visual novelish, like a Phoenix Wright.
    • Square Enix: Big ass development and publishing company. Switch is getting a pair of Dragon Quest games, so there's that. I dont think it will get these unless sales instill confidence, but they have Hitman, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy under their hat.
    • Starbreeze Studios: Devs behind The Darkness, Syndicate and Brothers. Dead by Daylight and Overkill's The Walking Dead are current projects that would be cool to have in the Switch library.
    • Take Two: We already have seen 2K17 in the trailer, expect more sports. Hard to say if anything else beyond that happens. XCOM, GTA, Mafia, Civilization and Bioshock are all relatively recent projects that I dont think will happen. RDR 2 is a probable nope.
    • Telltale Games: I hate almost all these games. But I can see most of the projects being easily ported or developed over. Who knows, maybe there's room for a collab.
    • THQ Nordic: Probably Darksiders 3, considering the Darksiders remaster for Wii U
    • Tokyo RPG Factory: I think they only have I Am Setsuna, and its also a Square game, so that's confirmed tentatively.
    • TT Games: Lego trash. I think Dimensions will probably come over. I would rather have an Undercover 2.
    • Ubisoft: Just Dance and the rumored Beyond Good and Evil remake/sequel/thing. Of course you know they have Rayman, Rabbids, Ass Creed and Watch Dogs as well as other new and interesting if not always broken projects.
    • Warner Bros: They also handle the Lego stuff. Injustice, Batman, Mortal Kombat and that rumored Mordor sequel would be better, but as above I dont think its likely at the beginning.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  22. theMightyME

I udnerstand that for dq10... but not dq11, especially considering nintendo ahs even published some of those games here on the 3ds... dq10 didn't come because it is an mmo with a monthly rate that just wouldn't fly in america (where dq is a small brand)... dq11, on the other hand is an actual story based rpg, and I am sure it will come stateside, as all of the main dq games have since 7 on the ps

no reason to put it as rumored... plus I think putting a confirmed game on rumored is a bit strange, even if ti wont come here... maybe create a confirmed for japan category... because it is NOT a rumor, and there is no rumor about the game coming or not coming to the US
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Shoulder

Shoulder Shouldy McShoulderface chippin' in

I did not even read the post, and instead just skimmed, and the remark for Konami stuck out more than all the other remarks.

I'll read it through later. ;)
  24. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

In regards to No More Heroes

https://www.destructoid.com/talking-about-the-future-with-suda51-391418.phtml

He previously said it would be 15-20 years, but this time he told me "It's not going to be 20 years, I'm hoping it'll be 10 years or maybe earlier than that."

Before you get too excited, he admits that if it did get made, "It might be like an indie game." He cites the younger audience, reasoning that "No More Heroes fans' voices are still strong, but young gamers have never heard of it, so I want to create something for them as well." 2018 will be the 20th anniversary of Grasshopper, so Mr. Suda wants to make some news related to No More Heroes, but reiterated "I'm not sure."
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Socar

Socar Active Member

Where is it confirmed that Dragon Quest 11 is coming to the NS? If I remember correctly, its coming for the 3DS but there was no mention of it for the NS and Square stated that it may not come to the NS
  26. Socar

Socar Active Member

Now that its confirmed that the Switch will not be backwards compatible and that it only has one screen, people are now seeing that this will be the end of Dual screen gaming...the one that the DS family is known for.

Personally, not only will I miss it deeply but it will mostly feel like a step backwards to what we have now.

Do you think the Switch will end the Dual Screen gaming?
  27. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

Nintendo has apparently told Famistu that Switch is not a successor to Wii U or 3DS, and did say that a 3DS successor would come out eventually. My guess is a Switch portable edition will eventually come out. Most likely smaller and with no docking station or removable controllers. Switch really could morph into multiple SKUs if they choose. Hell, i could see a Switch TV box being a thing down the road.
  28. Wolven

fixed!
  29. FriedShoes

Gosh I hope not. Hopefully its just Nintendo being Nintendo, they've said similar things when it came to Gameboy/DS.
    For 2017 I can see 3DS being supported throughout, I just hope it drops off and they do consolidate and unify quickly, continuing to split the base is a mistake.
    Yes, it seems like it will eventually, if all goes well. It would be missed, but DS feature was more of a quality of life thing than anything these days.
    I think DS games will still be on the VC shop, the screen is still rumored to be touch and with that you could play games on it similar to how you could on Wii U.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. FriedShoes

It was "considered" back in June.
    They straight up said "we're developing DQX" for NX in August, the announcement of DQXI was followed shortly after.
    http://gonintendo.com/stories/262870-dragon-quest-x-confirmed-for-nx
    http://gonintendo.com/stories/263649-dragon-quest-xi-coming-to-nx
  31. theMightyME

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba...quest-xi-is-confirmed-to-be-coming-to-the-nx/
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/22/dragon-quest-11-confirmed-for-nintendo-nx
    http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dragon-q...imultaneous-launch-ps4-3ds-versions-suggested

Masahiro Sakurai: Well then, I would like to ask about each of your new games. First, Dragon Quest XI. The 11th installment in the series will be released simultaneously on Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation 4, and including NX it’s coming out on three platforms, right?

Yuji Horii: That’s right. The use of hardware is different for each system, so it’s quite a challenge.

Sakurai: Thank you for working so hard.

Horii: However, we’re making the 3DS version in both 3D and 2D. I asked my staff, “Is that something we can do?” And they said, “We’ll do it.” So we decided, “then let’s do it.”

Junichi Masuda: I get the feeling that means there will be four versions across three platforms then, yeah?

Horii: That’s right. There are a lot of difficulties because of that. Each one has a different look to it, and there’s also a PlayStation 4 version, so if we make a small fix then we have to fix it across every version.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  32. theMightyME

:mthumb:
  33. mattavelle1

IMO I think they have to say that, because if they don't what are they gonna sell this holiday season?

I also see it like this the Switch is the beginning of a different Nintendo. If it takes off I think you see no successor to 3DS. If it Dosent I think you might.

Peronsaly I think they stay with unifiying everything in Switch.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Necessary Evil Staff Member Moderator

I'll believe region-free when Nintendo says it. They've been too stupid with localization in the past for me to put any stock in them to just drop the charade.
    'Ats coo.
    I didn't see the 3DS comment, but it wouldn't surprise me that Nintendo would couch their choices here. The DS was also an experiment and meant to be a third pillar, but pillars have a habit of falling if they can support the weight of another pillar easily.

They better put the grip in the box, too, damnit.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. FriedShoes

• Like Like x 5
  36. FriedShoes

That port the red arrow is pointing at looks like a mini-USB port right?
    Oh pls pls
    [​IMG]
  37. theMightyME

Looks kind of rounded... Maybe USB type C?
  38. FriedShoes

I'll take it. So long as its not proprietary
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  39. Shoulder

40. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

USB type C almost makes too much sense. Are we certain that it is not a standard charger port for the dock? (Granted,USB type C could easily be used as a charger port as well.)
  41. Shoulder

We honestly don't know at this point. And if you listened to that GameXplain about the guy who was in the commercial, it's clear there is still a lot we still don't know, and stuff that he does. Those bottom connections were almost not shown on purpose.

Speaking of the trailer, we know the commercial was filmed back in September, so between then and now, some minor alterations might've been made to the Switch, including what sort of connections would be used. Nintendo has a history of using USB, but only Type A 2.0, but perhaps not only is 3.0 going to be used, but type C as well.
  42. FriedShoes

There's rumored to be at least one USB 3.0 port on the dock, so having a Type-C on the bottom of the console kinda makes sense.
  43. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

I certainly hope USB type C is part of the design, it would be strangely progressive for Nintendo though.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  44. theMightyME

yeah, I almost expect it to use an old parallel port for printers lol
    • LOL LOL x 3
  45. SquirrelEmperor

SquirrelEmperor Member

Working on a project with Mistwalker too. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  46. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

I know I'm late, but damn @FriedShoes you put the third party in perspective. Great potential lists from the confirmed logo list. Awesome post man... My hype level is pretty high for this thing.
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  47. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

This is the craziest PR stunt Nintendo has pulled. Stringing people along for what seems like an eternity, and then once they do break silence, they leave us with countless questions and then tell us to wait till next year. Will we even be able to pre order it? I wonder how retailers feel about this? Normally they would be raking in cash right now for preorders, but instead we dont even know the price.
    • Like Like x 3
  48. Mike Schwab

Mike Schwab New Member

Well, the OP says that a new Mario Maker is "rumored" - I'd like to know what source that came from. I'd love to see it, but without a 2nd screen, doesn't seem possible. Unless levels will be created strictly while the Switch is "undocked."
  49. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

It's absolutely crazy, but hey frothing demand increases! Apparently the reveal trailer hit over 10 million views in less than two days and instantly became Nintendo's most watched video ever.

It'll be under $500 and I'm buying it day one!
    • Like Like x 3
  50. FriedShoes

It's from a few of Emily Roger's sources. Yeah, she's been pretty wrong in the past, but recently, pertaining to Switch stuff, she's been fairly on point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I would take these with a grain of salt though, since anyone could have predicted these and it doesnt mention the supposedly enhanced MK8 port. She's been really right really recent though, hence why its listed in rumors.

As for if its impossible, I wouldnt say that.
    Mario Maker is a HUGE hit, especially for a console like Wii U, its impressive. Nintendo very much would like to have this on any system they have.
    Functionally, it could work one of two ways. They could do it, like you said, where the "making" portion of the game only works when its undocked (assuming the rumors are correct and it has a touchscreen), the playing can go both ways. Seems a bit inelegant though, and could lead to a slippery slope where developers use the touchscreen and effectively create games for the Switch that can only be played in handheld mode. Not too worried about the latter happening as its also been rumored that all Switch games will be required to be playable in home console form.
    Which leads me to the alternative. Another rumor (woo, so many these days) states that Joy-Con R has an IR sensor on the bottom of it, so flipping it upside-down essentially gives it a wiimote style ability. This would be used to replicate touchscreen functionality lost when going from handheld to home console.

All rumors though.
    Reports on the last two I brought up are here
    http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/
    http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...ight-joy-con-offers-ir-pointer-functionality/
    • Like Like x 2