Mr Kimishima is leaving his position as Nintendo's head

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Odo, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I've been saying that the most successful arm of Nintendo is Pokemon Company and in my opinion Pokemon Company suits should bring their experience to the corporation presidency.

It's finally happening, I guess, with a Pokemon Company board member assuming the post.

What Pokemon Company have done to Pokemon, Nintendo has to do for Mario & Co.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  4. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

RIP
    But we all knew it was temporary. You gotta wonder how much input he had in the Switch success, since much of that roadmap was Iwata. Also wonder if he began any other projects before his departure. Remember he did tease Wave Race at the BAFTAs.

This Furukawa apparently had some direct input in Switch's development. Also a marketing whiz, but you're only an expert until you're not. You make a great point about the Pokemon connection.

Just don't censor my games and he can do whatever he wants
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Does anyone have a list of the projects Shuntaro Furukawa has been involved in? I am having trouble finding anything with the usual google search.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

First time I've heard his name
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

All Nintendo games will have only 1 save slot from now on. Trust me, it drives sales.
    • LOL LOL x 2
  8. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, but...I didn't think it'd be this temporary. But I guess he took the job knowing he'd kinda just be Denethor, waiting on the rightful heir to the throne to show up.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

Its not really that temporary, he got the job in 2015, and it was only meant to last a year.
  10. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

He was a steady hand that handled the transition remarkably well, and now that things have calmed down, he is a man of his word and will step aside. I know nothing of the new president, but I hope he has learned well from his predecessors successes and their failures. Switch is still very early in its life cycle, and they still need to do a lot of things right to maintain the momentum over the long haul.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

Soon the list of remasters/remakes to do will be finished. I want to see what new content Nintendo has for 2019. It's the new head's responsibility now: deploy the "unified resources" army to pull off new projects.