Gaming: "Fuck Yeah" Enthusiast

Discussion in 'Wii U & 3DS' started by CitizenOfVerona, Aug 25, 2014.

1. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit Staff Member

Ever had that "fuck yeah" moment in gaming? Of course you did, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this or on this site.

Our hobby is pretty kick ass ain't it? I'm talking balls to the wall

[​IMG]

This is a thread to discuss and tell stories of those moments that made you sit back and say, you guess it, "fuck yeah".

Whether it's those comfy night of lying down on your bed, legs spread wide playing through a single player game and just fought an epic boss. Or going online and beating the shit out of everyone in Mari Kart. Playing Kirby for the first time.

TELL ME YOUR STORIES TNE

As for me. The other day I brought my Wii and copy of Brawl over to a friend's house. 4 of us played Brawl. It was great. Had beer, had chips, and we each got in each other faces. One round my friend was playing Ike, he did he final smash on someone, and when he crashed down to the ground he killed all three of us. He stood up looking at us shouting "WHAT THE FUCK YOU GUYS, SUCK IT. SUCK IT!!!!!". We all laughed and were like "AWWWWWWWW SHIT YOU FUCKER".

Close calls in all matches. People commiting accidental suicide and flipping their shit. One person being that guy, who just sits off the side spamming long range attacks and getting called a fucking asshat.

BRILLIANT SHIT. Made me sit back and just appreciate how gaming can bring everyone together, even if we're shouting and calling each other things that would make even LSB himself blush.

Your turn guys. What the fuck makes you say "fuck man.....gaming"
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 6
  2. CitizenOfVerona

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 3
  3. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 (Mod)ern Day Renaissance Man Staff Member Moderator

I will be back with many thoughts. Love this idea
    • Like Like x 2
  4. juegosmajicos

juegosmajicos JUEG IS DEAD.... Staff Member Moderator

Just two nights ago I had a moment like this.

I play Street Fighter 3 and 4 with some buddies, we get together and just knock back some beers and play street fighter like fucking nerds until 4 AM. One of these guys who is super smart is also the best of all of us, by far, cause he's been playing it since he was in Mexican elementary school, skipping classes to go beat the shit out of strangers at the arcades. So, about 20 years.

Of the rest of us, I'm the one closest to him in skill. And because I've been playing Street Fighter a lot recently, I'm the one that gives him the most challenge, occasionally beating him when I catch him by surprise with some tactic he didn't expect.

Anyway, everybody else had fallen asleep at like 4 AM, so it was only me and him playing Street Fighter 3 (Third Strike). He was using Alex.

[​IMG]

And I was using Makoto.

[​IMG]

So it turns out that this is a really fun matchup, and we're both discovering lots of interesting tactics with these players because of it. Fun was having had in spades, and the challenge was intense. One common tactic that was playing out, was when I tried to mess with his head by retreating and making the range awkward for him to work with, he'd use this attack to catch up with me:

[​IMG]

Now what you don't see up there, is that attack covering almost an entire screen worth of real estate before extending his hand. This was pissing me off. So at some point I knew he was going to do it, so I started executing Makoto's command grab. What happened: he rushed at me with his attack, expecting to catch me off guard. As he was about to hit me, my command grab stopped him cold.

[​IMG]

We both roared.

Fuck yeah, gaming.

I got more for later.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  5. CitizenOfVerona

Got another one.

It's a boring ass house party. Not many people there; half are lame asses and half are my crew.

So what do we do? We bust out the fucking N64 and pop in Mario Kart. That's what the fuck we do. We play this drinking game:

[​IMG]

So one of my friend plays Peach. They're all drinking beer. I'm drinking this raggedy ass wine that feels like it's 80% sugar. I pick option one, chug the glass before racing so I don't have to pull over after.

I'm kicking ass on wine. People are shouting at each other for not being stopped completely before drinking. My friend who is Peach is getting absolutely shitted on for everything he says or does.

It turned into a good party.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
  6. imthesoldier

imthesoldier Name's Shoulder, and I'm looking over your's

I see a COD and/or Monster Hunter drinking game in TNE's future. We must explore the possibilities of this with everyone. And yes, I mean everyone.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. CitizenOfVerona

I refuse to believe everyone has a boring ass life

Got another one to set the bar low

Earlier today I was listening to video game music as I tend to do. Listening to Ducktales soundtracking drawing Scrooge McDuck on his cane pogo jumping.

Nice, relaxing. This moment brought to you by video games. Fuck yeah.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  8. imthesoldier

Speaking of that, lately in the car I've been listening to the OST of Mirror's Edge, which is full of relaxing and ambient tones.

This moment brought to you by someone looking over your shoulder. Fuck yeah!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mattavelle1

I haven't replied yet but I hope to feel this place with those moments.

One of my biggest fuk yeah moments comes from Metroid Prime2. I was sucked into the world getting deeper and deeper into Dark Aether (or whatever). Anyhow I was walking thru a corridor when I came out the other side the music changed to a very beautiful melody. And the floor was lite up like a hologram (y'all know how Metroid does it).

Anyhow upon walking around the room I found myself surrounded by these ominous monsters. THINKING I was still on land and free to move. I dispatched of the what I thought were flying monsters since they were above me, only to realize I had slipped into the water pool in the dark world.

It was so seamless I had not even realized I had dropped into water and it was a very surreal experience to be honest. The moment I realized I was in the water it blew my mind in a "fuk yeah" kinda way. I'll never forget this.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. imthesoldier

Here's a "Fuck yeah!" moment from not too long ago.

So back during the GCN days, I bought and played F-Zero GX, but unlike today I wasn't particularly very good at it. In the story mode, I got stuck at Chapter 4, which is the one where you face 29 other racers on a highway, and have to defeat them all, and destroy their ships before you finish the course. I just could not do it back in 2004.

Fast forward to 2012, I started playing F-Zero GX once again, and remember I was stuck on that chapter. I decided to just hell with it, and try it. Within 20 minutes, I beat chapter 4, and throughout the next couple of years as I played periodically, I got through all the rest of the chapters. That, my friends, was my "FUCK YEAH!" moment.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Aki64

Aki64 Apex Predator

Had a fuck yeah moment not too long ago. Actually, I probably had one during my current playthrough of Chrono Trigger, but fuck it.
    So, I was playing my Universe Mode in WWE 2K14, pretty much career mode where you have control over everything. Anyway, I was playing as The Viper, Randy Orton, and was going into the Elimination Chamber PPV as the reigning WWE Champion. The EC PPV is the final PPV before WrestleMania where the winner gets to headline WM against the winner of the Royal Rumble. In the game, the EC match is very unpredictable, making it one of the harder matches, especially while playing on the hardest difficulty with the reversal indicators turned off and custom presets.

I start the PPV and it's main event time. Now, in a WWE 2K14 EC match, two participants are randomly chosen to start the battle and after every five minutes another participant is released until all superstars have entered the chamber. As destiny had it, my superstar, Randy Orton, was the first superstar entering the chamber. The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, CM Punk, and Shawn Michaels were the other superstars participating in the match with me. Fast forward through all of the chaos and four pin falls later, it's just me and The Undertaker left duking it out.. We're in critical condition, reversing one another's finishers until I finally fail to reverse Taker's Tombstone Piledriver. It's the end and I pretty much know it. Taker goes down to pin me and the bar to kick out comes up. To kick out, you simply must press, hold, and release the cross button once the cursor is in the safe zone. Both the speed of the cursor and the size of the safe zone are dependent on the condition of you superstar. Seeing as how I was the first one in and virtually eliminated four other superstars, Viper was beat to shit, the cursor was speeding left to right and back as fast as possible and the safe zone was as small as possible. You have 3 seconds to tap out, giving you virtually just as many chances to kick out. On the first one, I failed horribly. On the second, I didn't do any better. On the third and final try, miraculously, I somehow managed to kick out as if Viper was destined to wrestle at WrestleMania XXX. As heroic as the moment was, the match wasn't over and victory wasn't ensured. We continued to duke it out until I eventually got my signature and used it on Taker, a DDT off of the ropes, vintage Orton. Activated viper mode, RKOd his ass and got my comeback. Used my comeback, two clotheslines into a rapid powerslam. Got my signature, did the Orton Stomp, where Viper stomps on the four main joints of your body and then knee drops onto your head. Followed that up with my corner finisher, the Legend Punt. LPed his ass. First one in, last one out. Came in as the Champ, left as yours truly.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Mike D.

Mike D. Lacks pupils Staff Member Moderator

Matty pretty well told my latest eff-yeah moment in the Monster Hunter thread.

A hunt against three Diablos. Two faints occur during the fight against the first one. With only one faint left, we consider abandoning the quest, then say "nah, we got this." Numerous close calls. We exhaust all of our potions (GT has to run to base camp to pick some up because we're all out). But we emerge victorious. I'm still basking in the glow of that one.

Other GEY (gaming eff yeah) moments? The first boss fight in Vanquish.

Pick almost any of the speedwalls captured in NFS:MWU (for a few weeks, that was a super intense competition). The final Dark Samus battle in Prime 2, as Dark Aether collapsed in on itself. The Zant fight from Twilight Princess. The end of Super Metroid. The beginning of Super Metroid. Beating Castlevania III.

...this could go on for a long time.
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  13. CitizenOfVerona

Yeah that Zant fight was badass as fuck. Same with the Twilight Dragon, using two hookshots.
  14. ASuch

ASuch The Salt Master

Dark Souls and any fighting game have this in truckloads

Especially in Dark Souls, like with this one moment; I was walking through a very dark and foreboding forest. I walk in to a somewhat open area. In the distance, I see a large foggy figure moving. As big as the huge mountain ranges to my side. It was immense. Walk a little bit closer, boom, some ice men start fucking me up. The foggy figure starts shooting magic at me. I walk up closer; it was a massive fucking hydra. I love this game
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -TNE's resident Star Fox lover-

When I own at a fighting game, like Tekken, I always get the 'Fuck Yeah' feel. Like, I do some good combos and take ogre the match and get that well earned victory. Feelsgood.jpg.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. juegosmajicos

juegosmajicos JUEG IS DEAD.... Staff Member Moderator

The real Dark Souls hasn't even begun.

My biggest "fuck yeah" moment in Dark Souls was in the DLC part, beating Kalameet. You'll see.

"Elation"
    • Like Like x 2
  17. imthesoldier

Mmmmmm, NFS:MW. It's been a long time.
  18. nerdman

nerdman A pig who can't fly is just a pig.

I've had many, but I'll share one from Pokemon. I hope this can explain why no single player RPG can match the depth of Pokemon's multiplayer.

My Team

Lava Camel
    [​IMG]

Rock Monster
    [​IMG]

His Team

Crack Bird
    [​IMG]

Fire Critter
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT INFO

Speed
    His pokemon are faster. This means he will always attack first.

Match-Ups

Lava Camel and Crack Bird can both KO each other in one hit.
    Lava Camel can OHKO Fire Critter. Fire Critter can KO Lava Camel in 3 turns.
    Rock Monster can OHKO Crack Bird. Crack Bird can't do shit to Rock Monster.
    Rock Monster and Fire Critter can both OHKO each other.

Resistances

Rock Monster can KO both opponents with one move. Easy peasy.
    Fire Camel has two moves, Ground and Fire.
    Crack Bird is immune to Ground Move, but dies to Fire Move.
    Fire Critter resist Fire Move but dies to Ground Move.
    Lava Camel must choose correctly.

Scenario

At this point in the battle, Lava Camel just killed one of his pokemon. It's now 2 - 2. Opponent chooses Crack Bird to fight against my Lava Camel.

I have 3 options.

A.) Use Fire Move.
    B.) Use Ground Move.
    C.) Switch to Rock Monster

What did I do TNE? I won 2-0 btw.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ASuch

ASuch The Salt Master

In recent news, I beat Ornstein and Smough. No guides, no Havel's, etc. I even beat Ornstein last because I'm a motherfucking balla. I've never sweated so much in my life.
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mike D.

• Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  21. mattavelle1

22. LightsaberBlues

LightsaberBlues LSB IS DEAD....

I get that feeling everytime I play old school co-op games with Brat.... It's like reliving my childhood and teenage years back at the arcade, only this time, I get to experience it with the most important person in my life right beside me....

Lately, that's been my fuck yeah moment....

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  23. nerdman

nerdman A pig who can't fly is just a pig.

My moment too meta for you guys?

Anyways, the correct answer is B.

"But nerdman, wouldn't the ground move do zero damage to Crack Bird?"

That's right. However, the safest option for me was to switch to Rock Monster. However, my opponent is clever, he anticipates my switch by switching to Fire Critter.

However however, I see all this coming from a mile away. I kill his Fire Critter instantly as it switches into play.

Then there is moment of silence where my opponent realizes I am living in his mind rent-free. I'm like "fuck yeah I am"
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  24. Mike D.

Man, where to even begin?

So I get back to my apartment, a little drunk on sake, and I ask Matt if he and majico are still playing Monster Hunter. Of course they are, and they're just about to start a hunt. I jump online, join the quest (without even looking at it), eat a meal, and off we go to hunt...three G-rank Nargacugas.

Alright, should be doable.

Well, the first Narg is a bit of a handful, and takes a lot of my mega potions. And then a Deviljho shows up. Majico asks "Should we kill it?" ...yeah, we decide to.

Which is way easier said than done. We get two faints, me being one of 'em. The Nargs may all have less life points between them, but the Jho is a full-on, G-rank monster. At one point, me and Matt were both simultaneously dodging between his legs when he was spitting 'dat venom. But we wear him down, Majico cuts his gigantic damn tail, and we finally take him out.

But there' still two Nargs to go, and not a lot of time. The second one runs us all around the map, taking precious time, and pretty much depletes us all (Majico had to use a trap so me and Matt could heal up), but we take him down after some work. I give some steaks to Majico, and Matt thinks of going back to base camp...except that I had already taken all of the potions from there. So the final Narg is fought with almost nothing. I think I had one potion, Matt had a life powder, and Majico had a few left over, but we didn't really have time to stop to get them because we were at the 5-minute warning.

Me and Matt are now out of potion, and it's getting down to the wire. Then bam, tail cut (I think we cut every possible tail in this hunt). The Narg is getting close to falling, but so are we. But there's nothing else to lose, so we all converge on him, and finally, down he goes.

Fuck. Yeah.
    • Like Like x 2
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  25. imthesoldier

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 3