Games your excited to play on NX? Also,

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tekshow, Sep 10, 2016.

1. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

Assuming it's a hybrid, is there any game or feature as a result you're chomping at the chain to get to play?

The whole convergence thing has me ridiculously enthused. Especially when I ponder that the handheld games will be in 720p at a minimum. No more blown up pixelated DS games on the TV! That means things like Luigis Mansion or Fire Emblem at home, and the fidelity of Mario Kart 8 and W101 on the go!

Also, it'll probably have enough beef to play all the indie releases to round out the library.

What are you hoping for on the NX?
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  2. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

I'd be down for a Hyrbid. Nintendo can't support two systems by themselves anymore as evident by how long one of their systems go without any releases.

I'd want different games than what they've been releasing. I'm good for Mario and Kirby games for awhile. Mario Kart 8 was fun but how about F-Zero? My favorite Wii U games being Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade, I'm ready and wanting new/fresh ideas, or games that haven't had a lot of releases or have been M.I.A for awhile.

If I had to name a few games I'd want, F-Zero, a console Kid Icarus that actually uses two analog sticks, Luigi's Mansion 3 (with bigger mansions like the first one and not missions based). I can't think much else at the moment.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DarkDepths

DarkDepths Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

Regardless of what the hardware is, I want:

1. Zelda, obviously
    2. Mario ala Sunshine
    3. Metroid ala Prime
    4. Animal Crossing (!)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Necessary Evil Staff Member Moderator

-Breath of the Wild, of course. If NX is worth buying at launch, I'll be getting BotW for the new box instead of the old.
    -Splatoon 2
    -Monster Hunter 5
    -Metroid (Dread?)
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  5. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fresh starts now Staff Member Moderator

Oh man I'm all about some Spla2toon and Monster Hunter 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. FriedShoes

FriedShoes Girl Fetishist Staff Member Moderator

Zelda BOTW, immediately. Hope it lands on launch day.
    I don't know what else is immediately assured to be an NX game that I'm interested in at least, leaving the rest to speculation

I think Mario Maker needs a quick port to the system, with 3DS goodies intact and Wii U sharing connectivity. Play and make on the go and upload whenever you can would be nice.

Smash Bros 4 NX, basically all stages and characters and trophies across both versions of the games with all DLC.

Splatoon 2 only if they have some really new ideas, otherwise a Splatoon port would be fine with some options for like local lan/NX-to-NX play. I can see like kids in the lunchroom or on buses just taking out NXs and playing that multiplayer locally, would be really cool.

I really do hope the hybrid eats up development from 3DS and Wii U, because I'm kinda worried that 3DS will still be around getting new releases and holding back NX ones somewhat.

In a dream world though, I'm excited for all the 3DS franchises "graduating" to some higher level software. You mentioned Pokemon and Sun/Moon looks great and I really am looking forward to seeing all that with great resolution and more power.
    MH5, Fire Emblem, etc yes.

Just give me all the Nintendo franchises, there's not one that needs to be missing on this Nintendo dream box.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Superfakerbros

Superfakerbros "OOOOHHHH NOOOOOOO!" Staff Member Moderator

If I get the NX, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild would be the very first game I pick up and play for it, even though I'll already have the Wii U version. A Splatoon 2 is practically guaranteed and, if it gets Melee / Sm4sh-level improvements, I'll be pretty hyped for that. A new Smash is probably not gonna come out anytime soon so there will probably be Sm4sh Definitive Edition on the NX with all of the content from both the 3DS and Wii U. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how series like 3D Mario, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Mario Kart are on the NX without having to worry about making two entries for two different pieces of hardware. Should open the way for new IPs like Splatoon and more focused entries into their active franchises. Also, like @FriedShoes said, seeing 3DS franchises move on to the NX would be nice to see, from Nintendo and third-party developers
    • Like Like x 2
  8. mattavelle1

Ohhhhhh I can't wait for LoZ:BotW aswell. Man that game right there:mdrool:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

This man stole my list.
    • Like Like x 2
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  10. CitizenOfVerona

Zelda still isn't confirmed for March, just 2017 from what I see.

Also, Splatoon 2....[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • smh... smh... x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  11. Juegos

That is my o-face, correct.
    • LOL LOL x 5
  12. CitizenOfVerona

Ah, I must not have been clear enough. Pardon me I tend to be a bit too subtle lately it seems.

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • smh... smh... x 1
  13. mattavelle1

I feel sorry for you :mfacepalm:
    • Like Like x 3
  14. DarkDepths

DarkDepths Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

What a coincidence, that is my o-face!
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  15. Superfakerbros

Splatoon >>> F Zero (and every other abandoned Nintendo franchise)
    • Like Like x 1
    • smh... smh... x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  16. theMightyME

theMightyME Editor in Chief of TVEnthusiast

I don't have any game features I want for a hybrid, I like the concept more because if the unified library than anything else... That being said, I hope I can get in and out of games very quickly.... Not like the wii u which takes 4 minutes to load a settings screen.... I want it to do all that basic stuff instantly... Like a phone... Hit settings, you are in soettings... But home, you are home... All of that stuff needs to be super super fast... I also hope that it pairs to a TV and back to portable very quickly and easily and that you can pair to multiple tvs easily. So I could, for example, pause a game run up stairs and then continue in my bedroom.... But not even just that.... Like I could start in my tv, take it in the go, and continue on a friends tv... All of that.. AND how it connects with other systems and controllers needs to be fast and seamless

I would also like it to pair with my phone as a Bluetooth device so that I can use my phone cellular network without paying for wireless tethering... And so that my phone can do street pass and such while the NX saves battery... Also there should be a connecting mobile app so that I can street pass even if I didn't bring my nx
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

Ditto

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Shoulder

Shoulder Shouldy McShoulderface chippin' in

You cannot really compare Splatoon and F-Zero except for the fact they are both Nintendo IPs. It's a lot like comparing Apples and Oranges, which besides the fact they are both fruits, the similarities end there.

[​IMG]

:msrs:
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  19. CitizenOfVerona

So lesson learned. Badmouthing Splatoon is comparable to badmouthing one's own fat momma
  20. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

The unified library is a huge draw, and everyone seems excited about that prospect. It could mean portable games without sacrifices, like two sticks to play Kid Icarus, and HD games on the go. The 3ds really isn't a DS, it has two screens but most of the game design has shifted to using one at a time. Don't know if it was a planned shift all along, but it's a good time to put all the teams on one platform.

I hope it's the best of both worlds.

Or in the terms we are discussing here, your own fat momma and your hot ass milf step momma.
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  21. theMightyME

It works the other way too... How long have console gamers been clamoring for a console pokémon game
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Superfakerbros

Depends on what you mean by comparing them. I was just talking about quality so...not owned :p
    • Like Like x 1
  23. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

Absolutely! They make sure the controls are perfect, no analog nipple thank you very much, and there's zero sacrifice in either direction. HD handheld games, and like you said Pokemon at home. If it's all seamless and convenient where it could be docked or snatched in seconds it could really be something special.

I wonder if they'll differentiate by size of the experience? Will handheld games rise in development cost? Will they be labeled as home or handheld? By price? 3ds games are awesome because you can get those big epic feels in small packages. At the same time the cost to produce Paper Mario 3ds vs Color Splash has to be a major difference. So I wonder if they'll make smaller experiences intentionally?

Kind of hard for most devs to reign themselves in. Give them capacity, space, and power and they usually try to max it out. It'll be interesting to see how they handle combining the libraries.
  24. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

I definitely want:
    1) LoZ: BotW
    2) Splatoon 2
    3) 3D Mario game with an open world aspect, platoforming aspects everyone, different landscapes (all connected like XCX), villages, missions - all to get stars. Like 64 and Sunshine taken to the next level
    4) Metroid - Prime like
    5) Pikmin
  25. Shoulder

I personally think the quality of a title is not always universal, but instead is dependent on the type of game it is. Yes, there are certain areas where it can be, but at least from a gameplay standpoint, as well as features, I look at it as it differs depending on the genre.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

Swap Pikmin for a new style Kong game (not a side scroller), F-Zero, Golden Sun sequel or a reboot of Star Tropics and I'm in. Really like what you mention in regards to 3D Mario, that sounds awesome!

I hope for some big revivals, Earthbound sequel anyone? Master Blaster, Faxanadu, c'mon Nintendo, dig deep!
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

Considering that NX is a handheld that can be playable on TV, I think I'd rarely play on TV. I love handheld more than TV. So playing a big world Zelda on handheld is gonna be brilliant.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. theMightyME

are you coming around to hybrid now?

the main thing I like about a system that is both a portable and a console (besides the library) is games like rpgs or sandbox games... where there is often a lot of exploration and grinding and such.... play as a handheld while watching TV... get close to a big story moment, switch to TV

unfortunately, wii u kind of failed in this...

it would have been perfect in lego city undercover, but they made the bottom screen different, and no way to change it... same goes for TMS#FE.... Xenoblade Chronicles X let you play on the gamepad, but the font is so f'n small it is unreadable... hell it is hard to hard on a TV

I need to finally get around to playing wind waker hd.... I never got far in the gc version, the sailing bored me... does that support off tv play? because if so, problem solved...
    • Like Like x 3
  29. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

@theMightyME

WWHD definitely sports some great off tv play. It also has some HUD adjustments where you can move the clutter to the game pad while on the TV. The quick sail, and the near total removal of the triforce fetch quest greatly improve the pacing. It's a great Zelda game, one of favorites of all time.

I like a big screen, just never liked my handheld games being blown up past their resolution on a larger screen.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

To all the people calling it Splatoon 2: c'mon, you know there's no way in hell it's going to be called Splatoon 2! Get a grip!

Ahem, anyway, yes I'm looking forward to BotW, obviously, and am also very excited to see Splat2oon... :mkiss:
    • Like Like x 2
  31. theMightyME

fix'd
    • Like Like x 1
  32. FriedShoes

jesus, its Spla2n, you guys dont know anything about clever.
    • LOL LOL x 3
  33. Shoulder

And when has Nintendo ever been clever?
  34. mattavelle1

I've always said it will be Spla2oon :mkiss:
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  35. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I'm still not really into NX. Not going to buy it on day 1. But I'm totally into playing a big Zelda without TV. I'd somehow consider NX the 3DS successor. For me, even if NX is hybrid, I'd still consider it handheld with "TV mirror". Power wise, even considering Tegra 2, in my opinion, I can't call it a next generation home console.
  36. Shoulder

What does next generation mean to you?
    • Like Like x 1
  37. CitizenOfVerona

I'd be it launch if it released with Golden Sun 4.

Too bad it'll never happen
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  38. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

There's three of those games? Shit I'm way behind! I keep trying to replay the first one but I'd much rather have it on 3ds than blown up on my TV.
  39. theMightyME

nope.... it has to be Spla2oon.... same amount of letters.... and a font for the 2 that can also look like a t.... plus the 2 is a different color... like
    Spla2oon
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Shoulder

Yup.

Golden Sun
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Camelot has entertained the idea of another Golden Sun, but as usual, it's more about if people want it, they'll make it type of thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  41. theMightyME

they will imploy the nintendo handheld rpg strategy.... Golden Sun: Missing Day: Wednesday and Thursday... that's right, 2 different games.... with 5 more coming as dlc
  42. CitizenOfVerona

While I haven't played them in a few years, I considered Golden Sun 2 to be among the greatest RPG's I ever played.
    • Like Like x 1
  43. tekshow

tekshow Active Member

Dannng, that's high praise! I might have to revisit these.., I just... So much backlog. Better make some hard goals ;)
    • LOL LOL x 1
  44. Shoulder

I've technically only ever finished the first game, and Lost Age I'm probably still around 3/4ths through it. Seriously, I started The Lost Age maybe 7 or 8 years ago on GBA...I still haven't finished it. But due to the complex method of transferring your GS1 data, I never restarted the game. I was always hoping it would make its way onto the eShop, so I can play those games, and hopefully not have to bother with the 64 or so character password thingy to transfer stuff over.
  45. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

To me, myself, not much.

To the market: damm 5-6 teraflops and Forza/Uncharted graphics :p Things that this rumoured NX will never be able to do
    • Like Like x 1
  46. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

A new "true" Metroid Prime.
    A new "true" Paper Mario.
    A new "true" 3D Mario (IE one with a hub and somewhat open levels)
    Battalion Wars 3
    Kirby Air ride 2.
    Fire Emblem (non waifu edition).
    Monster Hunter 5 Ultimate.
    Splatoon 2.
    A Mario Party that is fun again.
    Third party games in general.
    Zelda.
    etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  47. FriedShoes

Mario Party was never good, guys. Try them again, they are the true definition of Nintendo shovelware.
    • Like Like x 4
  48. Juegos

Mario Party 1 and 2 were legit man. All those road forks, loops, choices, and RNJesus in the game board (all besides the actual mini-games) gave the game a variability that forced the player to adjust their strategy from game to game, something that isn't in the later games. There was also a lot of direct interaction between the players, by either taking stars from others, stealing them through the board mechanics, or using specific items. It actually feels like a modern board game but with action minigames. The series has been bad since the GameCube in my opinion, though.

Mario Party 2:
    [​IMG]

Mario Party 10:
    [​IMG]
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  49. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

Agreed! I remember playing Mario Party 4, 5, and 6 a lot. Family, friends. I think we played that as much as Double Dash. Those games were amazing. There was actual strategy. You had to work hard to win.

As soon as they went with "Everyone moves together in the same car", I was all "No thanks, I'll wait for the next vehicle."
    • Like Like x 1
  50. mattavelle1

I did really enjoy 5&6...........those were the only 2 I have played
    • Like Like x 1