A Game Could be yours IF The (NX) Date is Right!

Discussion in 'Community Hang-Out' started by FriedShoes, Sep 4, 2016.

1. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

TNE FAMILY
    COME ON DOWWWWWN

I saw ONE episode of Price is Right last week and figured this would be perfect.

[​IMG]

Rules are simple.
    Guess the date the NX will be officially revealed (NOT RELEASED).
    In classic Price is Right rules, you can't go over the actual price, I mean date. Whoever is closest to what the date turns out to be wins!
    Should be obvious enough that guessing after the fact is not allowed, but putting it out there just in case.
    First come first serve on dates, no shared guesses allowed.

Prize: A $60-70ish (or under) full-price game of your choice. I'll work with the winner on this, since we got a fairly international base around here. The mighty US Dollar makes it pretty simple in most cases though. If you want to make life easier for me, set up those Amazon wishlists or Steam accounts!

Bonus Prize: If you hit the nail on the head, I'll put my avatars across all mediums in your hands for a month. And maybe something extra since that doesnt really seem like enough.

You're up!

BIDS
    theMightyMe- Sept. 11
    Wolven- Sept. 13
    DarkDepths- Sept. 15
    simplyTravis- Sept. 20
    Superfakerbros- Sept. 22
    Shoulder- Sept. 23
    Jack Lovejoy- Sept. 25
    Karkashan- Oct. 1
    EvilTw1n- Oct. 4
    CitizenOfVerona- Oct. 5
    sjmartin79- Oct. 6
    TechnoHobbit- Oct. 13

Koenig- Oct. 14
    mattavelle1- Oct. 21
    BobSilencieux- Nov. 1
    Odo- Nov. 15
    juegosmajicos- Jan. 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 10
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. Shoulder

Shoulder Your Resident Beardy Bear

I'm just going to go for it, and suggest my initial reveal date of September 23rd. I'm wrong, but am I going to be more wrong than others? Find out next time when the Nintendo NX...is officially revealed to the world. Dun dun DUN!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

$1 Bob
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  4. DarkDepths

DarkDepths Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

Thursday September 15, 2016 BC, 07:00 PST.
  5. DarkDepths

We're talking in terms of time here... you want 1 "dollar" After the start of time. In other words, January 1, 1970.
  6. Wolven

Wolven The Wolf of TNE Street

September 13th
  7. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

October 1st, 2016

praisegrima
  8. Jack Lovejoy

Jack Lovejoy Active Member

September 25th
  9. Superfakerbros

Superfakerbros ECE 2018 Staff Member Moderator

September 22nd
  10. CitizenOfVerona

Fiiiine.

I'll go with my birthday. October 5th
  11. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 ARMS is like breathing.......but more important Staff Member Moderator

OMG IM SO EXCITED TO BE HERE AND GET TO MEET YOU FRIEDSHOES!!! IM FROM THE BLUEGRASS STATE OF KENTUCKY!!!!

*looks at first prize*

LETS GO WITH OCTOBER 21st FRIED YEAHHHHHH!!!!
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  12. theMightyME

theMightyME Owner of The Total Screen

I'll Say September 11th, because Nintendo has like really weird timing, I remember them announcing a game on April 1st, for example
  13. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

I'm gonna go with Thursday, Oct 6th.

Yes, @CitizenOfVerona - I'm the asshole from The Price is Right that bids one dollar more than the previous contestant.
    • LOL LOL x 3
  14. CitizenOfVerona

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 6
  15. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

If it actually falls on the day I said, the game is yours. (I may be an ass, but not a big enough one to take it from you the day after your birthday.) :msrs::mthumb:
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FriedShoes

Dollar bids and +1 bids are my absolute favorite.
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CitizenOfVerona

While I appreciate the kind offer my friend, it isn't necessary if you win. Everyone is free to choose their date.

I mean, the people who vote $1 on the show don't do it :p
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  18. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. Staff Member Moderator

So if I've kept score correctly, the dates thus far are:

Mighty - 9/11
    Wolven - 9/13
    DarkDepths - 9/15
    SFB - 9/22
    Shoulder - 9/23
    Jack LoveJoy- 9/25
    Kark - 10/1
    COV - 10/5
    SJM - 10/6
    Matt - 10/21

I wanna go with 9/16, during TGS, but I can't see Kimishima doing that. So I'll go with 10/4.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

I'm going to go with January 1st, 2017.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Shoulder

Has Nintendo ever revealed information on a Sunday before?
  21. DarkDepths

1v1 me irl.
    • LOL LOL x 3
  22. Juegos

I doubt it, but I'm preparing for the worst case scenario.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Shoulder

So that WSJ article about the NX using cartridges (which isn't new, we've heard it before) was particularly interesting becuase they said that analysts predict the reveal to be ahead of TGS, which of course is the 15th.

I can totally see Nintendo giving an announcement FOR the announcement for the NX reveal just prior to TGS.

"Stay tuned for an exclusive Nintendo NX announcement!"

"We are here to announce to everyone the official unveiling date for the Nintendo NX!"
  24. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I'd bet it's gonna be in November.

15 November 2016
  25. TechnoHobbit

TechnoHobbit Ash nazg durbatul√Ľk

I think that if the reveal was happening in September we'd know about it already and I think the reveal will take place before Nintendo financial results are posted on October 26th. So I'll take a date (Thursday since Nintendo seems to like Thursdays) in the week in between those two that I don't believe is taken yet...

October 13th, 2016 is my guess.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  26. DarkDepths

This is sort of the only thing making me a little less confident in a September reveal. However, the format of the reveal could really affect that.

If it's just a Direct, they could announce 2 or 3 days before hand and they'd probably still get the same amount of attention.

If it's a real event, where they want journalists to show up, it will need a little bit of heads up. But then again, they could already have been communicating plans to sites like IGN and etc under agreement to not disclose any of it. In other words, we might be in the dark, but IGN might be prepping for a trip NOA next week.

I've always been a proponent of getting the device into people's hands at the actual event. But in reality, I could see Nintendo having a direct, and then hosting events soon after for gaming press to get their grubby mitts on it, followed by nation/world-wide events for the general public.

So I agree that it seems like we would have heard something by now, but I don't think that's quite enough to rule out September just yet.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

Jesus, that's better. Hurting my brain.

I'm gonna go with the first of November. 01/11 :msrs:
  28. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

October 14th.
  29. Wolven

Wolven The Wolf of TNE Street

I'd hazard a guess that we are getting an announcement before the week is over.
  30. Shoulder

Well, this news just came out, so anything's possible.

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/327423/Primer concurso para ganar NX de Nintendo con Splatoon/

Saw this on GAF, but apparently Nintendo is giving away Nintendo NX systems to each member of the best Euro team on Splatoon. the tournaments start this weekend I guess and go monthly until the finals early next year.

Nintendo are just milking the teasing right now. It also almost but confirms that Spla2oon is coming out for NX, and probably sooner than we think. It is also possible Nintendo might remaster the game for the NX as a launch title as a placeholder for the new game.
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  31. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Considering the Wii U's limited market penetration, I suspect they will port many of their more popular Wii U games to the NX.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. CitizenOfVerona

After they port more games to the 3DS
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Superfakerbros

Superfakerbros ECE 2018 Staff Member Moderator

^These

I mean, might as well, seeing as the 3DS is their only successful system this gen and the NX is coming out and will need some remasters to help fill in for the droughts
  34. simplyTravis

simplyTravis "A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"

September 20th.
  35. DarkDepths

Well... next week is seeming pretty unlikely now, I think. I guess it's still possible, but I would have thought we would have heard something by now. They wouldn't be crazy enough to announce an reveal event, and then hold said event within 4 or 5 days, would they?
  36. FriedShoes

Itd be a surprise to us, but I believe trusted media outlets would have invitations to some event beforehand. Or at around that time, seems like enough notice to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Shoulder

I would think if invitations were sent out, they'd be done weeks in advance rather than days, unless it was done in LA or something, where a lot of media outlets are located. And the media would likely be given strict NDA guidelines to not disclose the event before Nintendo announces it, especially since we have heard nothing.

Worst case scenario (and even then, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world), Nintendo officially announces the NX during a large Nintendo Direct, but then at the end details a live Nintendo event in LA or something at a later date, where the media, and the public are invited to attend.

So in essence, what I think is possible at this point is a ND that unveils the NX, and Nintendo tells us exactly what it is, and what it does (if it's what Eurogamer's sources say, it's a hybrid-like system with detachable controllers, powered by a modified version of one of the Tegra chips, and some other specifications for it)...but does not reveal what the system looks like. This would be pure Nintendo in just trying to tease us, while at the same time telling everyone what the system does, and maybe a few trailers from games that are coming to launch. They then announce a Live Nintendo Event being held at some location a month or so from the ND, where it'll be officially shown off, and more details and games will also be shown off.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. Staff Member Moderator

Well, this is Nintendo we're talking about.
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  39. DarkDepths

If we don't hear anything within 22.6 hours, imma be sad.
    • LOL LOL x 6
  40. Juegos

- Signed,
    Every Nintendo Fan, Every Day
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  41. DarkDepths

What you don't know is that I actually just made a bot that's going to flood these forums with countdown prayers until the day of reckoning is upon us.

But seriously, I have high hopes for either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm probably wrong, as is tradition, but there is a rumbling deep in my stomach giving me a sign, and my bowel movements are regular.
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  42. Juegos

Well I just realized, Thursday, September 15th is the same day that Nintendo finally showed the Wiimote 11 years ago. It'll be Thursdayton1!!

thurd.gif

conferencton.jpg
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Shoulder

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  44. DarkDepths

Am sad.
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  45. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

Guys I have a source.

NX was delayed to 2018. Announcement in 2017.

Mario 3D World for 3DS in March instead.

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 1
  46. theMightyME

theMightyME Owner of The Total Screen

are you the legendary promised one? One whose uncle doth work at Nintendo?
    • LOL LOL x 3
  47. DarkDepths

Don't make me come over there...
    • LOL LOL x 1
  48. CitizenOfVerona

Wouldn't even be shocked
    • LOL LOL x 1
  49. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

I know this is going to make me sound stupid, but it's been keeping me up at night with worry. I've never seen The Price Is Right, and I have no idea if you mean it's the person who's closest after the date or closest before who wins.

Like, right now, the 16th of Sept, if the NX is revealed today, is DD winning with a bid of the 15th, or is Travis winning with a bid of the 20th?!?
  50. Juegos

DD wins that, as his bet was the closest under the right price/date. That's why sometimes the participants will make a guess of $1, as they will be guaranteed a win as long as the right price is under everyone else's guess.
    • Like Like x 3