Pokemon got confirmed for Nintendo Switch at E3 2017, but no news regarding the title has been shared. Now, only a few days aheads of 2018, rumors have been leaked via Poke Jungle.
Disclaimer: In no way is this story confirmed to be true. Take this rumor with a grain of salt.
First, the outlet listed some points regarding the new game:
– The Chinese localization team has already finished translating the games’ script
– There will be no new Mega Evolutions introduced in the new games
– Z-Moves return and now use motion control to activate using the Joy-Cons
– Central plot revolves around the conflict between tradition and innovation
– Region inspiration has been rumored to be Spain or Italy
– Release to come late 2018 (~December) or early 2019
While small tidbits of info, they are nonetheless exciting. However, the next sentence is what piqued my interest.
These details pale in comparison to what has also been said though, and that is the games feature a new, simplified battle system which has been compared to that of the Digimon World games. For those not familiar with them they use a real-time battle style in which moves are still selected via menu and include the option to attack or block moves from your opponent. It has also been compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs and work in a rock-scissors-paper fashion.”
What do you make of this big Pokemon rumor? Sound off in the comments below.