The Nintendo Network servers will have a serious amount of downtime over the course of the next few days due to maintenance. This will affect all of Nintendo’s systems: Switch, Wii U, and 3DS. Some maintenance already took place yesterday (December 18th), and now there’s more on the way for today and tomorrow.
First off, the system maintenance:
- DECEMBER 19th, 2017 – Nintendo Switch Only – 4:50 PM to 6:30 PM (Pacific) / 7:50 PM to 9:30 PM (Eastern)
- DECEMBER 19th, 2017 – 3DS Only – 6 PM to 7:30 PM (Pacific) / 9 PM to 10:30 PM (Eastern)
- DECEMBER 19th, 2017 – Wii U and 3DS – 9 PM to 10:30 PM (Pacific) / (Dec. 20th) 12 AM to 1:30 AM (Eastern)
- DECEMBER 20th, 2017 – 3DS Only – 5 PM to 7 PM (Pacific) / 8 PM to 10 PM (Eastern)
In addition to this maintenance for the system servers, Minecraft on Switch and Wii U will be getting some maintenance of its own:
- DECEMBER 19th, 2017 – Switch and Wii U – 5:50 PM to 7:30 PM (Pacific) / 8:50 PM to 10:30 PM (Eastern)
This is a hefty amount of maintenance. Chances are that Nintendo is preparing its servers for the inevitable wave of stress that’s incoming with the holidays right around the corner.