While Super Smash Bros. fans wait for the inevitable unveiling of Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, there’s another title extremely similar hitting the market in the mean time. Brawlout is currently in early access on Steam and it’s been confirmed that the game will be coming to Switch later this year. The gameplay trailer below pretty much speaks for itself — it looks insanely fun, intricate, and chaotic, just like the beloved Smash series. The game also features the protagonist of Hyper Light Drifter. What other indie character do you want to see on the roster?
Here’s some more info on the game’s robust online features (list via MyNintendoNews)
- A robust Ranked match system, complete with regional leaderboards
- 1v1 casual matches for low-stress competition
- 2-4 player private lobbies where players can practice or mess about to their heart’s content
- The Brawlout Network where players can check their fight stats, match history and replays
- Brawlout TV which allows for live spectating and watching of specific player replays
- Weekly competitive tournaments for those looking to prove their Brawlout skills