Being a hybrid home system, the Switch has the unique ability to be taken anywhere. Also thanks to the dual-design of its built-in Joy-Con controllers, you can challenge a friend (or foe) to a match in any multiplayer game. With all of this in mind, how would you chess fans out there like to be able to challenge others to a spontaneous game on the Switch?
You’ll soon be able to do that thanks to the upcoming Chess Ultra from Ripstone, which will be releasing later this year. Chess Ultra is a full-scale recreation of the classic physical strategy game, brought into the virtual world with gorgeous visuals and a complex AI system. Here’s a rundown of the game’s features:
- Stunning chess sets and beautiful environments
- 10 Grandmaster-approved AI levels
- Intuitive, overhauled local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, available online
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Demonstrate your skills in over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- In-depth tutorials to help improve your game
Chess Ultra features cross-platform play (it’s also avaliable on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One) so that functionality may very well be transferred to the Switch version, following in the footsteps of Rocket League and Minecraft.
Check out the special Switch trailer: