Famitsu has posted the sales data for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch in the Japanese market. Link’s brand new open world adventure sold 193,000 units at retail and we have to wait and see the digital sales data for the game, since Famitsu focuses only on retail sales.
Considering the 330,637 Switch console units sold in Japan, the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has a 58% attach rate on Switch. Here’s how it compares to past Zelda games:
- N64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time First week: 386.234 LTD: 1.143.570 Nintendo 11/21/1998
- N64 The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask FW: 314.044 LTD: 601.542 Nintendo 4/27/2000
- NGC The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker FW: 287.346 LTD: 742.609 Nintendo 12/13/2002
- WII The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword FW: 194.894 LTD: 349.143 Nintendo 11/23/2011
- WII The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess FW: 145.068 LTD: 554.109 Nintendo 12/2/2006
- NGC The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess FW: N/A LTD: 70.000 Nintendo 12/2/2006