Modern Tokyo and Tokyo of 1492 Will Converge in Shin Megami Tensei IV
The latest info on Shin Megami Tensei IV comes from Siliconera:
– Shin Megami Tensei IV gets rid of random battles. The Symbol Encounter system puts demons on the field. Strike an enemy and you’ll get a first strike when the battle begins.
– Like other Shin Megami Tensei titles you can talk to demons and invite them to your party. Shin Megami Tensei IV uses the press turn system from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne that rewards players that exploit enemy weaknesses with extra turns.
– Demon fusing is back too. You can combine demons to make more powerful ones.
– Current day Tokyo is overrun by demons in Shin Megami Tensei IV. The protagonist and a Samurai from East Mikado are sent here to protect the city. Atlus specifically mentions a battles between \”law and chaos\” and \”god and demons\” will take place here.
– Then there\’s East Mikado… year 1492. When people become 18 years old they go through the Gauntlet Ritual to become samurai. Samurai are armed with a demon summoning program and hunt demons in secret. Only a few people know that demons exist in the world. How do these two worlds connect, old Tokyo and new Tokyo?