Have you read Nintendo Enthusiast at all over the past few months? Did you like what you read? We sure hope so, because our goal is to serve you, the fans of Nintendo with the best content out there on the internet. But, in order to really build our site and make it a place for Nintendo fans to feel welcome we need to have a place for everyone to hang out. We want there to be a real community. And it's because of this we've worked hard at building a powerful forum over the past few months. Everything is ready and primed, waiting for you to dive right in.
So, what will make this community better than other communities? A few reasons:
1. The discussions will actually be intelligent. Of course, there will always be people who get heated and decide to flame others who disagree with their opinions, but you will always find intelligent folk who can really participate. So, if you ever wanted to discuss Nintendo in-depth, this is the place to be. We guarantee it.
2. The staff will actually participate. Yes, we know there are other sites where the staff set up a forum and then never come to hang out or get to know their fanbase. That's the opposite mentality of what we're aiming for. This site is just as much about getting to know the fans as it is about getting to know Nintendo. That's why we feature Nintendo fan-art and music-covers. We want to see what the fans are up to. That's why we have our user ranking and points competitions for prize giveaways. We want to encourage discussion and participation. Let us know what you think and we will always try and join in the discussion. (Of course, there will be times we are more busy, but you can guarantee we won't ever abandon the forum readers.)
The Forum RPG
3. We're making a novel and original RPG built into the forum. Isn't that meta? You're going to participating in a site that covers games but also acts as a game itself. Imagine this: you post and create threads, enter discussions, debate, socialize, etc. for a week. At the end of the week you see you've built up a lot of XP for your character. So, you start up the forum RPG and enter the game. Now that you have more XP, you can withstand stronger monsters and explore new areas. With the money you win from the monster fights, you go back to town and buy better weapons and gear. As you explore, you find a cave which you battle through until you reach the depths of a cavern. A treasure box sits there waiting for you. You open it and find inside…. "Larger Image Sizes For Your Avatar!" You can now go back to the forum and show off your new abilities to all your friends. There can be hundreds of such upgrades, tons of areas to explore, and even a storyline to boot. And there will even be real games to win, as well. Of course, it's not ready yet, but we are already in the programming stages of the game. So stay tuned for more!
We Listen To Your Suggestions!
4. We hear your feedback. If a lot of readers feel that something could stand to be improved, we will try and accomodate. Be it the main site or the forums, we want to hear what you like best. We're here to please. So, partake in the community and let your voice be heard.
You Pick the Topic
5. There are many topics to talk about and we will expand the forums as more people flock to it. So, whatever you feel like talking about will have a place for it.
Show Off Your Creativity
6. We encourage game development and all the skills that surround it, be it art, music, programming, or anything else. So, if you have a game in the works or want to see other people's games you can come to the forum and display your wares or admire that of others. We already have two developer-participants in the forums, a gaming-musician, and an artist. We hope that we will continue to attract a creative crowd who can show of their work to the rest of the forum.
Thanks To Our Current Members!
We are appreciative of the core participants who already joined the forum: Prime, Ex-Actarus, running_in_jam, Chris007, Aki64, Theresa, Womble, Brown/Cstatus, AintJack, BobSilencieux and, of course, 10 staff members.