Game Informer’s Wii U coverage reveals why we should care about this latest NSMB!
Game Informer has revealed some of the unique features of the latest New Super Mario Bros title for the Wii U.
- There are dozens of levels scattered across one giant world map, like Super Mario World on the SNES.
- The view occasionally switches from the world map to focus on zones such as the Cookie Dome or Forest of Illusion.
- Map can be panned around in its entirety and seamlessly explored at any time using the GamePad.
- The player will sometimes be allowed to choose between several paths that will lead you to the world you want to explore next.
- Boost Rush: offers more challenge, auto-scrolling.
- Seven worlds confirmed by Game Informer: Acorn Plains, Sparkling Waters (Tropical theme), Frosted Glacier, Layer Cake Desert, areas similar to Forest of Illusion and Sky World and a world surround by a large tornado.
- Bowser has kidnapped Peach, you weren’t expecting anything else were you?
- Boom-Boom is at the end of the mid-world fortresses.
- The Koopalings return and are at each of the castles.