Some of this report isn’t so much a rumour as it is stating the obvious…
- The combination of New Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3DS XL is being considered a 3DS “rebirth” for North America.
- NOA wants the 3DS XL to have some time in the spotlight before they talk Wii U any further.
- There are some rather impressive original Wii U titles coming within the next year.
- There are also plenty of spin-offs and ports.
- The Vita’s current situation is both hindering and helping Wii U with developer support.
- Some developers are moving Vita projects to Wii U, but some are more cautious to work on Wii U after Vita’s rough start.
- Nintendo’s reps are talking to stores to give Wii U a prominent retail presence.
- Expect big demo units, priority placement, and trained workers to explain the controller to players.