The following rumours come from a source who has been correct in the past, but it\’s worth noting before reading on, a lot of this reads as a fanboys wishlist, with several \”out there\” nuggets of information…
- Pokemon X and Y and Pokemon Rumble U news expected with no other Pokémon games revealed.
- Yoshi Wii U is said to be a late 2013/early 2014 title.
- Games said to be at the E3 showfloor include: 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, W101, X, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
- Capcom supposedly working on a Resident Evil remake from their back catalogue.
- Nintendo wanting to continue Picross on Nintendo 3DS.
- New Star Fox title, said to be more like Lylat Wars, expected this generation.
- Star Wars expected on Wii U as \”Disney likes the Wii U so far\”.
- Nintendo titles to use NFC – new IP from Nintendo.
- New Animal Crossing expected, but \”way off\” for Wii U.
- Nintendo tried to regain Banjo Kazooie but it didn\’t work.
- A Final Fantasy remake is being developed for Wii U.
- Games that will use dual GamePad controllers will be announced.
Legend of Zelda
- New Legend of Zelda is said to feature a return for past races like the Gorons, Zoras plus new additional species to encounter.
- The game is also venturing into more \”RPG-like\” territory without \”going full out RPG\”, like Skyward Sword.
Hardware Revisions and Performance
- Wii U periperhals expected this year (to connect to the GamePad).
- A New Nintendo Wii U is expected by the end of 2014 with more internal storage but Blu-ray is unknown.
- A new Nintendo 3DS revision is expected, but not within the next two years.
- Denies Wii U clock-speed increases.
- Achievements and linked accounts said to be coming but \”in a different way than anyone else does\”.
- Nintendo working on trying to get more engines supported by Wii U.
Virtual Console Releases
- Nintendo are expected to show and highlight classic GameCube titles heading to Virtual Console.
- Online multiplayer for classic Virtual Console games isn\’t likely from Nintendo but \”third parties will\”.
- Plans to release classic titles, like Xenoblade Chronicles, on the Wii U eShop is likely at some point.
Retro Studios Wii U Project
The upcoming, untitled game from Retro Studios is said to be first-person, futuristic and \”something everyone wants them to make\”.
Said to be working on a Donkey Kong track for Mario Kart Wii U.