Rumour: ONM Wii U Tease Actually Long-Rumoured Acid Ghost [Updated]
The latest issue of ONM features a tease for a world wide exclusive on a new Wii U game. Could it be the long-rumoured Acid Ghost?
Video game website PopBucket have featured a photo of ONM’s tease for next month’s reveal of a new scary Wii U game. First thing I thought of upon seeing the image…. Acid Ghost.
That certainly looks like a ghost on a cruise ship to me! The Acid Ghost rumour started circulating before E3 2012, and was expected to be revealed at the show. As nothing came to be, the rumour slipped into obscurity, but lets take a look…
- You play as a ghost
- Takes place on a cruise ship
- AI cast, unique personalities
- Haunt the cast with a variety of free-form, creative ways
- Rewarded on success of scares
- Poultergeist manipulation of people, lights, furniture.
- Write in blood on walls.
- Was originally meant to be revealed at E3 2012, featuring Eminem in trailer.
- Being developed by one of Kuju Entertainment’s teams
- Originally intended to be published by Konami for the Xbox 360/PS3
- Game features a dark sense of humor
- Play as an invisible evil spirit that haunts and terrorizes passengers on the ship
- Use the Wii U controller to pick up random objects, grab people’s body parts, draw on the walls with blood, turn on and off lights in rooms, mess with passengers tv’s, radio’s, and laptops, and mess with their food when they aren’t looking
- Walk into a woman’s room while she is sleeping and move her bed into a kitchen
- Cover a kid’s bed in spiders
- You’re rewarded for how much you traumatize the ship passengers
- Each passenger has an individualized personality and characteristics
- Online mode
- Kuji made a new demo of the game with Wii U controller ideas to show to Nintendo
It’s also worth noting that Retro studio’s secret title was also allegedly removed from E3 last minute.
After some more research, it seems the original rumor started when RMC from GoNintendo got a tip from a source he didn’t disclose. In a later update he posted some images that were supposedly concept art. After some digging, one reader found that the images were stolen from a random artist’s portfolio and flipped. Were the images tied to the original source? Probably. RMC never said the rumor was proven fake but he definitely implied it and then left readers to their own conclusion. Need a conclusion? There’s no such thing as Acid Ghost. This ONM tease is something else, either Resident Evil or something we’ve never heard of yet.